Help please: VB 3.0 pro to VB 4.0 pro
Author Message
 Help please: VB 3.0 pro to VB 4.0 pro

Hi

Can anyone please shed some light?

I have some CGI scripts written in Visual Basic 3.0.  They make use of
the "GetPrivateProfileString" function. The scripts work perfectly in VB
3.0 but when I re-compile into new executables under 4.0, they fail with
error 48 - Error in loadinmg DLL.

All of this happens under WIN 95

Any info or pointers will be appreciated.

Franz

--
_________________________________
Franz Dullaart  (021) 650 3053

http://www.*-*-*.com/
_________________________________
Snoepie oor sy inkleurboek:
  "Ek maak altyd die lug blou"

Sat, 16 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help please: VB 3.0 pro to VB 4.0 pro

Quote:

> Hi

> Can anyone please shed some light?

> I have some CGI scripts written in Visual Basic 3.0.  They make use of
> the "GetPrivateProfileString" function. The scripts work perfectly in VB
> 3.0 but when I re-compile into new executables under 4.0, they fail with
> error 48 - Error in loadinmg DLL.

> All of this happens under WIN 95

> Any info or pointers will be appreciated.

> Franz

> --
> _________________________________
> Franz Dullaart  (021) 650 3053

> http://www-jfd.its.uct.ac.za/
> _________________________________
> Snoepie oor sy inkleurboek:
>   "Ek maak altyd die lug blou"If you are using VB 4.0 for 32 bit applications, the name of the

libraries changed, also, in the 16 bit DLL's, usually numeric parameters
are passed as integer whereas in 32 bit DLL's they are passed as long.
Check on these two items for the source of the problem. (Hope it helps.)
--

Electrical Eng.
PHONE : (USA)210-618-7874, (DELCO)8-953-7874, (MEXICO)(91)-89-22-90-40

Sat, 16 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help please: VB 3.0 pro to VB 4.0 pro

|> Hi
|>
|> Can anyone please shed some light?
|>
|> I have some CGI scripts written in Visual Basic 3.0.  They make use of
|> the "GetPrivateProfileString" function. The scripts work perfectly in VB
|> 3.0 but when I re-compile into new executables under 4.0, they fail with
|> error 48 - Error in loadinmg DLL.
|>
|> All of this happens under WIN 95
|>
|> Any info or pointers will be appreciated.
|>
|> Franz
|>
|> --
|> _________________________________

Yeah, check out the Win32 API documentation that comes with VB4.
The function needs to be called as GetPrivateProfileStringA() now.
Furthermore, if you score the cgi32.bas file and replace it for
your cgi.bas file, your problems are solved as well (probably).

Regards,

Danny Brands

Greetz from da low landz

Sun, 17 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help please: VB 3.0 pro to VB 4.0 pro

Quote:

>|> I have some CGI scripts written in Visual Basic 3.0.  They make use of
>|> the "GetPrivateProfileString" function. The scripts work perfectly in VB
>|> 3.0 but when I re-compile into new executables under 4.0, they fail with
>|> error 48 - Error in loadinmg DLL.
>|>
>|> All of this happens under WIN 95

You're probably still trying to use the 16-bit DLLs.
You need to change the Lib's to the 32-bit DLLs

GetPrivateProfileStringA (which is the new name) is in "kernel32".
The API name is case-sensitive.

--
VB4-32 assumed.
Henry S. Takeuchi

Seattle, Washington (USA)

Mon, 18 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help please: VB 3.0 pro to VB 4.0 pro

2. VB 3.0 Pro vs VB 4.0 Pro

3. 3.0 Pro to 4.0 Pro error

4. Is VB 3.0 Pro REALLY Pro ???????

5. Help please : printing WMF on Printer Object in VB 3.0 Pro

6. Please Help! VB 3.0 Pro Grid.vbx

7. Help needed with VB 3 Pro to VB 5 Pro upgrade

8. VB 3.0 Pro and Netware 4.0

9. Upgrading to VB 5 Pro from VB 3 Pro

10. VB 4 Pro 32-bit to VB 5 Pro

11. Help on VB Pro 3.0

12. SendKeys in Win95, VB Pro 3.0 - Help Wanted