Various VB3 Pro and Access 2.0 Q's
Author Message
 Various VB3 Pro and Access 2.0 Q's

Hello VB Database experts!!

I have been developing using VB3 Pro and Jet 2.0 (Access 2.0) for
some months and I have a few Q's. I have had a look through the
docs and FAQ's etc but don't seem to be able to get any definitive
answers to any of these Q's, but I do appologise now if any of
these are easy!!

Background
----------

I have an application written in VB3 Pro which stores data in a
series of Access 2 Tables, using the Jet 2 compatability layer. I
am currently only using Tables / Indexes and Fields, I am **NOT**
using any Dynasets / Recordsets or Querydefs etc.. All searching is
using seek's on indexes for speed..

BeginTrans/CommitTrans and Rollback
-----------------------------------

1)      If I use these commands and the computer crashes before it
        gets to the CommitTrans then what happens when I go back to
        my database, do I need to Rollback..

2)      How do these commands work with multiuser systems - e.g. If
        I have multiple Users all accessing the same Table all
        doing various updates using BeginTrans. If the system fails
        half way through a number of these what happens!! Will a
        single Rollback sort them all out?

3)      Do these commands only work while adding new records or do
        they work while editing existing records. For example If I
        edit a record and change one field in it and then rollback
        will that field go back to what it was before.

General
-------

1)      Is it possible to set a password on the Database / Tables
        so that a user cannot edit that database / tables through
        Access directly without the password..

2)      Recently I had a situation where one of my databases became
        corrupt - is there any facilities I can add to my VB app to
        allow for repairing corrupt databases.

That it for now!!

Could you please mail me direct as well as posting to this newsgroup
as I don't allways get chance to read the news.

Many, Many thanks in Advance

Steve

Steven Law, General Manager
Hallman Computer Company Limited
Manchester, United Kingdom
Tel: UK 0161-428-4272, Fax: UK 0161-428-0514

Tue, 12 Aug 1997 08:42:17 GMT

1. Programming In VB3 Pro For Use With Access 2.0

2. changinf tabledef on access 2.0 database using vb3.0 pro and comp layer

3. Accessing Access 2.0 database with VB3, ODBC 2.0 and Microsotf Jet Engine Compatibility Layer

4. Can't open MS ACCESS 2.0 databases with VB 3.0 Pro

5. HELP - VB PRO /ACCESS 2.0 READ ACCESS ONLY mystery

6. Can't Install 2.0 compatibility layer without Access 2.0

7. Help: Problem reading Access 2.0 mdb from VB3 under Win95/Access 7.0

8. Problems accessing Access 2.0 via ODBC 2.x from VB3.0

9. Sending email from MS-Access 2.0 using Eudora Pro 2.2 (16)

10. Can't display time in Crystal reports using VB3 pro

11. VB4 Pro and Access 2.0: Recordset?

12. CRW 4.5 Pro and access 2.0