Keep track of excludes for each record
Author Message
 Keep track of excludes for each record

I am using a local Access database and have a tough question, my application
allows many users to add data to the local database. I want these users to
have the option to exclude other users from seeing their current record.
Currently I have four text fields that I use to store 200+ User ID's (5 CHAR
long) (these are the excluded ones). I then have to use the software to
extract whether or not a user is allowed to view that record. Can someone
please give me a better way.

Sun, 31 Aug 2003 05:43:00 GMT
 Keep track of excludes for each record
Try some of the other types of locking mechanisms provided with the Jet
Engine.
i.e. ShareDenyWrite
     ShareDenyRead

etc.

They are all listed in the MSDN - somewhere....can't remember where
exactly!!

Chris

Quote:
> I am using a local Access database and have a tough question, my
application
> allows many users to add data to the local database. I want these users to
> have the option to exclude other users from seeing their current record.
> Currently I have four text fields that I use to store 200+ User ID's (5
CHAR
> long) (these are the excluded ones). I then have to use the software to
> extract whether or not a user is allowed to view that record. Can someone
> please give me a better way.

Sun, 31 Aug 2003 20:25:47 GMT

1. Keep Track of Excluded Users for each Record

2. Keep Track of Excluded Users for each record

3. keeping Track Of Record

4. Database help - keeping track of records...

5. using 3rd pty sw, keeping track of records

6. Database help - keeping track of records...

7. keeping track of records loaded to sql

8. JCN - KEEPING TRACKS OF ALL CHANGES TO RECORDS IN AN ACCESS DATABASE

9. Keeping Track of Database Modifications?!?!

10. Keeping track of Users Online

11. Keeping track of Database changes!?

12. KEEPING TRACK OF WORD DOC FILES