Database Controls with Filenames read from .INI file?
Author Message
 Database Controls with Filenames read from .INI file?

        I'd like to be able to have my database controls read the name of
        the database file from an INI file, instead of having it hardwired
        into the control during design. Is this easy to do? Any suggestions
        would be appreciated.

        Thanks in advance,

        James

  W. James MacLean             "Experience is what you get

Fri, 15 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Database Controls with Filenames read from .INI file?

Quote:

>        I'd like to be able to have my database controls read the name of
>        the database file from an INI file, instead of having it hardwired
>        into the control during design. Is this easy to do? Any suggestions
>        would be appreciated.

Use the Windows APIs GetPrivateProfileString and WritePrivateProfileString.
Very straightforward API calls.  I hope this points you in the right
direction.

--
J. Kyle Rickett
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a

If you have Visual Basic questions, stop by my
-Ask the VB Guru- page at
        http://rampages.onramp.net/~jkyler/guru.htm

Wed, 20 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Reading files from a zip file (Just reading the filenames, not unzipping or zipping)

2. How to get VB to read an ini file for Database Path

3. I need help with ActiveX Internet Control reading an INI file

4. Reading Filenames and outputting to a txt file

5. Read/Write INI Files w/Access 7.0

6. Reading INI files

7. Read in ini file settings

8. Read .ini file in Excell

9. Reading INI files

10. Ini-file, read write and empty lines.

11. Read Text files with sections (*.ini)

12. Read a text file with sections (*.ini)