ADO Parent Child - John Connell ADO Rewrite???
Author Message
 ADO Parent Child - John Connell ADO Rewrite???

Ive been working with John Connells Data Control found in his Wrox
publication Beginning Visual Basic 6 Database Programming. His parent
child relationship example was written in DAO and I thought that I
would like to use it and add to it but I wanted it in ADO. I have
finished all but one piece that controls the link for the parent and
child.

The question is that John uses a event procedure to synchronize the
dbgrid (child recordset) with the parent recordset when the user moves
off the first record or when the user selects another record or picks
it from a list as follows:

Private Sub Data1_Reposition()
     If (TypeName(titlesClass) <> "Nothing") Then
         titlesClass.RecordSource = _
             "SELECT * FROM Titles WHERE PubID = " _
                  & Data1.Recordset!PubID
     End If
End Sub

What would be the equivalent of this DAO Reposition procedure in ADO?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 30 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Beginning Visual Basic 6 Database Programming by John Connell

2. ADO and parent child forms

3. How to pass a ADO connection From Parent to Children

4. How to pass a ADO connection From Parent to Children

5. Newbie: Parent/Child Relationships in ADO

6. Child recordset from parent with ADO in VB6???

7. How to pass a ADO connection From Parent to Children

8. Parent child Records using ADO

9. ADO-Access Commands Data Environment Parent Child Help!

10. ADO ADO ADO ADO ADO VB examples / samples book wanted

11. Move activex dll child on a MDI parent parent window

12. MSHFlexGrid format child side in parent child form