Error 3265:Item not found in this collection
Author Message
 Error 3265:Item not found in this collection

Hi,

        I only get this error when working on a particular network server.  If
I run my program on another server(with the same files), it will work
fine!  Any ideas?

Using:
DAO 3.6, Access 97, VB6.0 sp(3)

Thanks,
Jacob Martin ...

Fri, 22 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 3265:Item not found in this collection
Hello Jacob:
I've run into the same problem.
If it isn't too much grief change to DAO 3.5 and try it again.
Some older windows installations do not hanle DAO3.6

Joe

Quote:

> Hi,

>         I only get this error when working on a particular network server.  If
> I run my program on another server(with the same files), it will work
> fine!  Any ideas?

> Using:
> DAO 3.6, Access 97, VB6.0 sp(3)

> Thanks,
> Jacob Martin ...

Sat, 22 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 3265:Item not found in this collection
Hi there,

I would like to have my VB program talking to VC through DDE. The data
that I am transfering is in Record format.  Anybody can help??

Regards,

Texas Ng

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 3265:Item not found in this collection
If I understand DDE properly forget it. Change the record format to a string
then transfer it. As far as I know only pictures and text can be
transferred. I believe that there is another standard called semaphore but I
know nothing about it. I think that it is a dos standard. other solutions
would be to have a shared data file and to use DDE to tell the other
application when the data has changed. Hope this helps.

BTBB

Note: I have VB5 and Win95 so DDE might have been upgraded since then.

Quote:
> Hi there,

> I would like to have my VB program talking to VC through DDE. The data
> that I am transfering is in Record format.  Anybody can help??

> Regards,

> Texas Ng

Sat, 29 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 3265:Item not found in this collection
Hi BTBB,

Thanks for your reply.   You are absolutely right, DDE in VB can only transfer
texts and pictures.   I had already solved this problem by using text transfer.

Regards,

Quote:

> If I understand DDE properly forget it. Change the record format to a string
> then transfer it. As far as I know only pictures and text can be
> transferred. I believe that there is another standard called semaphore but I
> know nothing about it. I think that it is a dos standard. other solutions
> would be to have a shared data file and to use DDE to tell the other
> application when the data has changed. Hope this helps.

> BTBB

> Note: I have VB5 and Win95 so DDE might have been upgraded since then.

> > Hi there,

> > I would like to have my VB program talking to VC through DDE. The data
> > that I am transfering is in Record format.  Anybody can help??

> > Regards,

> > Texas Ng

Sun, 30 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error 3265 Item not found in this collection

2. Run-time error 3265: Item not found in this collection

3. Error 3265:Item not found in this collection

4. Error 3265 - Item not found in this collection

5. 3265 runtime error, item not found in collection

6. Run-time error '3265': Item not found in this collection

7. 3265 - Item not found in the collection

8. 3265 Item not found in the collection

9. 3265, Item not found in this collection

10. 3265 Item not found in the collection

11. Run Time Error 3265: Item cannot be found in the collection

12. Error 3265, item missing from collection