Syntax error w/ no error in syntax.
Author Message
 Syntax error w/ no error in syntax.

something wierd is going on with access2000 & VB.

Ok, here is the problem, I've had no problems with the other tables in the database, but everyime I access this one database it keeps saying that there is a syntax error in the from clause, this is the kicker, there is no syntax error. Anyone ever come across this kind of a problem? Or anyone interested in looking at the code?

Thu, 25 Sep 2003 06:29:43 GMT
 Syntax error w/ no error in syntax.

"interested" is harsh but, if it were posted, someone might look at it
vG

  something wierd is going on with access2000 & VB.

  Ok, here is the problem, I've had no problems with the other tables in the database, but everyime I access this one database it keeps saying that there is a syntax error in the from clause, this is the kicker, there is no syntax error. Anyone ever come across this kind of a problem? Or anyone interested in looking at the code?

Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:34:22 GMT
 Syntax error w/ no error in syntax.

OK, so what can't you do?  You trying to open a form?, run a function?

  Here is the database

    "interested" is harsh but, if it were posted, someone might look at it
    vG

      something wierd is going on with access2000 & VB.

      Ok, here is the problem, I've had no problems with the other tables in the database, but everytime I access this one database it keeps saying that there is a syntax error in the from clause, this is the kicker, there is no syntax error. Anyone ever come across this kind of a problem? Or anyone interested in looking at the code?

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 04:41:20 GMT
 Syntax error w/ no error in syntax.

I put an ADO control on the form, I put a datagrid on, I tell the ADO control that the RecordSource is a adCmdTable with the Table being Transaction. I try to get the fields from the control for the datagrid, does nothing remains blank, then, I run the form with the control that is using Transaction, it says "Syntax error in FROM clause." I've even done it with command type being adCmdText, still same error. the ADO control disables itself, but every control that uses the other tables are just fine.

  OK, so what can't you do?  You trying to open a form?, run a function?

    Here is the database

      "interested" is harsh but, if it were posted, someone might look at it
      vG

        something wierd is going on with access2000 & VB.

        Ok, here is the problem, I've had no problems with the other tables in the database, but everytime I access this one database it keeps saying that there is a syntax error in the from clause, this is the kicker, there is no syntax error. Anyone ever come across this kind of a problem? Or anyone interested in looking at the code?

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 05:47:23 GMT
 Syntax error w/ no error in syntax.

Transaction is the only empty table, could that affect it ?

[...]

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 06:10:21 GMT
 Syntax error w/ no error in syntax.

I've filled it up with bogus transactions just to see if that was the case, still doesn't do anything, same error.

[...]

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 06:43:52 GMT
 Syntax error w/ no error in syntax.

i've stumbled onto a way to get the transaction table to come up, it's using a datalink, but i'm unfimilar with datalinks, any ideas for coding one with cmdText and how to call it up in a form?

[...]

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 08:20:56 GMT
 Syntax error w/ no error in syntax.

make that datalink/dataenviroments.

[...]

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:43:32 GMT
 Syntax error w/ no error in syntax.

I don't care for the data environments much.  I usually just declare a connection, build a recordset, and use the recordset to populate my controls, forms, classes, or whatever.  It seems less complicated.  I believe the data environment is just a wrapper for ado anyway.

If you are just going to bind to an Access database anyway, have you considered an Access front end?

[...]

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:32:49 GMT
 Syntax error w/ no error in syntax.

access front end?

[...]

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:01:10 GMT
 Syntax error w/ no error in syntax.

lol, i guess thats a no -- forget that one -- long topic

  access front end?

[...]

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:02:58 GMT
 Syntax error w/ no error in syntax.

I figured out my problem, A friend of mine asked me if I was using a reserved word somewhere, and lo and behold but Transaction happens to be one of those words, that is why the ADODB was bombing out. HEHEHEH, damn I feel so stupid, I spent so much time on that and it was only a matter of adding a tbl to the name of the table in the database.

:-[

[...]

Sat, 27 Sep 2003 02:52:34 GMT
 Syntax error w/ no error in syntax.

Some days are like that.  I didn't see it right away either

[...]

Sat, 27 Sep 2003 12:24:08 GMT

1. Error-2147217900, Syntax error in FROM clause

2. Error 3131 Syntax error in FROM clause - using SQL accessing external ODBC problem

3. Error 3131 Syntax error in FROM clause - using SQL accessing external ODBC problem

4. DSN less connection to server error IM012 Driver keyword syntax error

5. Error 3075 Syntax error in date where no date is involved

6. -2147217900 Error: Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement

7. VB 6 Syntax vx VB .NET Syntax

8. basic syntax vs crystal syntax

9. SQL syntax error - HELP BEFORE I JUMP!

10. Syntax Error in SQL statement

11. syntax error

12. syntax error