Extracting data from multiple tables, for use on a VB Form
Author Message
 Extracting data from multiple tables, for use on a VB Form

I am a newbie to the VB programming side,  so please bare with me.  I have
used MS Access 97, and in the past I would of written a query and then based
a form on this.

However when I tried to do the same thing in VB,  I couldn't get the related
data to refresh following any change(s). eg two tables (not MDI forms!)

I would be most grateful if someone could give me advice on working with
multiple-related tables on a single form,  or even an example application.

Should I be using direct SQL, link both the tables etc,  instead of
recordsets?

I am using an ADO Connection.

Thanks.

Flippy

Sat, 15 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Extracting data from multiple tables, for use on a VB Form
What are you using, are you binding your data with the datacontrol?

cheers

pieter

Quote:
> I am a newbie to the VB programming side,  so please bare with me.  I have
> used MS Access 97, and in the past I would of written a query and then
based
> a form on this.

> However when I tried to do the same thing in VB,  I couldn't get the
related
> data to refresh following any change(s). eg two tables (not MDI forms!)

> I would be most grateful if someone could give me advice on working with
> multiple-related tables on a single form,  or even an example application.

> Should I be using direct SQL, link both the tables etc,  instead of
> recordsets?

> I am using an ADO Connection.

> Thanks.

> Flippy

Sun, 16 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Extracting data from multiple tables, for use on a VB Form
I have am just accessing the dataenivronment with coding,  not using the
data control objects. eg

Move Next - dataenvironment1.rstelephones.movenext
Save - dataenvironment1.rstelephones.update

I have just dragged and dropped the Data Field objects from the Data View
window and these have the correct datasource (rstelephones),  field name etc

rstelephones is based on 2 tables

TELEPHONE table
TEL_NO
DEPART_CODE

DEPARTMENT table
DEPART_CODE
DEPART_DESC

What I aiming for is when someone enters a Depart Code via a data combo
object then the corresponding Department Description will then appear.

Many Thanks.

Flippy

Mon, 17 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. centralized data source and data tables for multiple form VB Application

2. Extract table data to Access table

3. Extracting a row from a table using VB in Access 97

4. Using Access VBA to add multiple records in a loop to a table from a form

5. VB5 - Access Using Multiple Tables with 1 Form

6. using vb.net to extract data from ms access

7. using data control between multiple SDI forms ??

8. Accessing Multiple Linked Database Tables on the VB Form

9. Batch update for multiple tables using single ADO Recordset (VB )

10. Connecting multiples database tables using VB!

11. Batch update for multiple tables using single ADO Recordset (VB )

12. Copying form data to a table using DAO