Tab strips:Is it possible to prevent tabs being selected?
Author Message
 Tab strips:Is it possible to prevent tabs being selected?

I have a tab strip with two tabs. Is it possible to prevent the second tab
being pressed until certain criteria are completed on the first tab?

Best regards
DennisK

Wed, 28 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Tab strips:Is it possible to prevent tabs being selected?
Dennis,
You should be able to "disable" (set Enable property to False) for any tabs
you don't want the user to access. You'll need to Enable (= True) the tabs
at appropriate times. I typically put all enable rules in a single routine
and call it whenever the user makes changes that would impact the Enabled
property of your tabs. This way all your tab enable code is in a single
routine and is much easier to change if necessary. Hope this helps.

Oscar Bowyer

Quote:

>I have a tab strip with two tabs. Is it possible to prevent the second tab
>being pressed until certain criteria are completed on the first tab?

>Best regards
>DennisK

Wed, 28 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Selecting tab on tab strip

2. Newbie: How to select a tab on a tab strip

3. Force Tab selection using Tab Strip

4. tab or tab strip control

5. diabling a tab in a tab strip

6. Colors in tab-strip en tab-control?

7. Prevent multiline tabs from moving up and down on a tab page

8. Label on MS Tabbed Dialog control prevents validate event firing when changing tabs

9. Possible Bug - Hiding Tabs on a Tab Control

10. Tab Control - Align tabs bottom, Possible?

11. How to select Tab Control tab page programmatically?

12. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control