Accessing MS SQL Server Text Fields via RDO
Author Message
 Accessing MS SQL Server Text Fields via RDO

Is it possible to access Microsoft SQL Server Text Fields via RDO?

- Henry

Tue, 08 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing MS SQL Server Text Fields via RDO

Quote:
>Is it possible to access Microsoft SQL Server Text Fields via RDO?
>- Henry

If by this you mean can you do a select on text fields in a MS SQL
table, then the answer is definitely yes. In fact you can do selects
on date, text, numeric etc fields. RDO is simply a layer between you
and direct ODBC calls.
Fred Baptiste

Wed, 09 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing MS SQL Server Text Fields via RDO

Quote:

> If by this you mean can you do a select on text fields in a MS SQL
> table, then the answer is definitely yes. In fact you can do selects
> on date, text, numeric etc fields. RDO is simply a layer between you
> and direct ODBC calls.
> Fred Baptiste

Actually what what Henry means by text fields are fields defined using the
TEXT data type (similar to segmented strings).  We're having problems
calling stored procedures which do a READTEXT function call to return the
resultset. (obviously we're doing it wrong.  Does anyone have an example
using RDO or do I need to use direct ODBC calls.

-Bob

Fri, 11 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing MS SQL Server Text Fields via RDO
This might help, look into Getchunk and appendchunk to manipulate
text fields ...

Sun, 13 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing MS SQL Server Text Fields via RDO

Quote:

> This might help, look into Getchunk and appendchunk to manipulate
> text fields ...

Thanks for the reply,

As it turns out I have already implemented the
GetChunk method for retrieving the text.  Never
could get it to run from a stored procedure though.
I'm now working through the AppendChunk procedure
which is a little different.  Haven't figured out
how to use embedded SQL...Looks like I might have
to use the RDO methods to actually insert
something. Will respond when I figure it out.

          Bob

Sun, 13 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Accessing MS SQL Server Text Field via RDO

2. Executing MS SQL Server 2000 stored procs via MS Access 2000

3. 2nd SQL Server update after update text field corrupts row - using RDO

4. US-NY-New York City-Visual Basic-MS ACCESS-SQL Server-SYBASE-RDO

5. How to access RDO with VB 5.0 and MS SQL Server 5.0

6. Help on accessing TEXT fields in SQL Server

7. Import text file in SQL Server 6.5 via SQL in Visual Basic

8. Import text file in SQL Server 6.5 via SQL in Visual Basic

9. MS SQL Server BLOBS, RDO and Stored Procedures

10. Need help for RDO with MS SQL Server 6.0

11. Moving Oracle records to MS SQL Server using MS Access

12. Complicated Record Handling on MS Sql server and MS Accesses Databases