I get very strange errors while running my app.
Author Message
 I get very strange errors while running my app.

        I wrote a database application, and had it working perfectly.
The program worked perfectly until I gave the source to another
programmer to make some small changes.  Now, the program works fine on
her machine, but not mine!  I've tested the program on several
machines and some of them work, some don't.
        On the machines it doesn't work on, I get one of the following
errors:

1.  "Error reported by database dll" when running a Crystal Report.
2.  "The path '' does not exist" when attempting to open a database.
3.  "General protection Fault" when running the App.

        The changes made by the other program shouldn't require any
additional DLLs, and I already had organized all the DLLs before
giving the code to her.

        Another interesting point to bring up is that I have both
Win95 and Win 3.11 on my system.  When I try to run the app under Win
3.11, it works fine.  Running the app under 95 causes the error
described in #1 above.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Tue, 03 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 I get very strange errors while running my app.

Quote:

>         I wrote a database application, and had it working perfectly.
> The program worked perfectly until I gave the source to another
> programmer to make some small changes.  Now, the program works fine on
> her machine, but not mine!  I've tested the program on several
> machines and some of them work, some don't.
>         On the machines it doesn't work on, I get one of the following
> errors:

> 1.  "Error reported by database dll" when running a Crystal Report.
> 2.  "The path '' does not exist" when attempting to open a database.
> 3.  "General protection Fault" when running the App.

>         The changes made by the other program shouldn't require any
> additional DLLs, and I already had organized all the DLLs before
> giving the code to her.

>         Another interesting point to bring up is that I have both
> Win95 and Win 3.11 on my system.  When I try to run the app under Win
> 3.11, it works fine.  Running the app under 95 causes the error
> described in #1 above.

> Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

1. Probably she has done a change in her database. Select Verify Database from the Database menu.
   Another error source is that she has another version of her CRPE engine.

2. Probably she has edited the report file. By defaul the location changes to her database path. If she
   has selected Set Location and Same as Database from the Database menu, You also have to have Your
   report file in the same catalog as the database.

Wed, 04 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Strange Oracle error: ORA-06502 (and Microsoft run-time error -2147467259(80004005))

2. Strange Problem Help Required CR doesn't show in 16bit VB app Running on NT

3. Strange Compile Errors at Run-time

4. strange run-time error

5. Strange UserControl behaviour when run-time error occurs

6. Strange Error - Running Stored Procedures through Visual Basic 6 and ADO

7. Tired: strange run-time error with VB component and ASP

8. A Strange Run Time Error in VB5 (SP2)

9. A Strange Run Time Error in VB5 (SP2).

10. Trouble getting a VB3/Access Jet 2.0 DB App to run in NT4.0

11. Trouble getting a VB3.0 db app to run under NT4.0

12. Getting the list of running apps