Getting data from Access tables with VB6 without Access
Author Message
 Getting data from Access tables with VB6 without Access

We are currently developing an application in VB6 that can customize a
product from a pre-determined number of possible configurations. Once the
product has been customized to the customers liking, I wish to append the
configuration to a table and make it possible for the customer to print off
an order form to send us.

My question is the following. If we use Access for the database and access
it through VB6 to populate grids and so on, (which I know we can do) what
happens if I distribute this application to a customer who doesn't have
Access? Will VB6 still be able to pull the info out of the tables or queries
and append to tables without it?

Thanks,

Michael

Sun, 24 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting data from Access tables with VB6 without Access
Yes, but make sure you include the Access mdb file with your install disks.
When you make install disks, the access dll's will be included so the end
user does not need Access on their machine. They won't be able to view the
raw database though, which is probably a good thing.   L.B.

Quote:
> We are currently developing an application in VB6 that can customize a
> product from a pre-determined number of possible configurations. Once the
> product has been customized to the customers liking, I wish to append the
> configuration to a table and make it possible for the customer to print
off
> an order form to send us.

> My question is the following. If we use Access for the database and access
> it through VB6 to populate grids and so on, (which I know we can do) what
> happens if I distribute this application to a customer who doesn't have
> Access? Will VB6 still be able to pull the info out of the tables or
queries
> and append to tables without it?

> Thanks,

> Michael

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting data from Access tables with VB6 without Access
Additional Note:

If your using ADO, make sure you include the MDAC installation file with
your program. Version 2.0 for Access 97, Version 2.1+ for Access 2K.

Jonathan Allen

Quote:
> Yes, but make sure you include the Access mdb file with your install
disks.
> When you make install disks, the access dll's will be included so the end
> user does not need Access on their machine. They won't be able to view the
> raw database though, which is probably a good thing.   L.B.

message

> > We are currently developing an application in VB6 that can customize a
> > product from a pre-determined number of possible configurations. Once
the
> > product has been customized to the customers liking, I wish to append
the
> > configuration to a table and make it possible for the customer to print
> off
> > an order form to send us.

> > My question is the following. If we use Access for the database and
access
> > it through VB6 to populate grids and so on, (which I know we can do)
what
> > happens if I distribute this application to a customer who doesn't have
> > Access? Will VB6 still be able to pull the info out of the tables or
> queries
> > and append to tables without it?

> > Thanks,

> > Michael

Wed, 27 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. getting data from access database table to VB4 list box

2. Getting Access data table names in VB 5 (SP3)

3. Getting Access data table names in VB 5 (SP3)

4. ...Access Data layer without Access??

5. Data Types when using Access Tables in VB6

6. VB6 Data Access (Browsing through tables) Client/Server

7. Help - Simply Getting Data from Extrenal Data Files (not from Access Data Base)

8. Moving data from Access 2 to Access 97 in VB6

9. Using VB5 to import data to access without using the Data control

10. Q: Data from Access database without Data Control

11. Extract table data to Access table

12. Linking Access Tables in Different *.mdb Files, Populating an Access Table From Several Others