'Text' is read-only
Author Message
 'Text' is read-only

Hi,

Has anyone every gotten the error reading:

'Text' is read-only

about the .TextProperty of form textboxes?

I wish I could pinpoint where exactly this error is occuring, I have been
unable to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Gary

PS - I am using vb6 with an Access 2000 database using a DAO connection, if
this info helps at all

Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:23:06 GMT
 'Text' is read-only
I'm sorry, that error reads:

'Text' property is read only

Apologies, and thanks again,
Gary

Quote:
> Hi,

> Has anyone every gotten the error reading:

> 'Text' is read-only

> about the .TextProperty of form textboxes?

> I wish I could pinpoint where exactly this error is occuring, I have been
> unable to.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> -Gary

> PS - I am using vb6 with an Access 2000 database using a DAO connection,
if
> this info helps at all

Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:25:05 GMT
 'Text' is read-only
Shootin from the hip here, but if the text box is bound to a database
field and that database field is read-only, wouldnt that make the text
box read-only?

Of course, code could set a couple properties that would make the box
read-only, but I assume you have looked for this situation.

Dan

Quote:
> I'm sorry, that error reads:

> 'Text' property is read only

> Apologies, and thanks again,
> Gary

> > Hi,

> > Has anyone every gotten the error reading:

> > 'Text' is read-only

> > about the .TextProperty of form textboxes?

> > I wish I could pinpoint where exactly this error is occuring, I have been
> > unable to.

> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> > -Gary

> > PS - I am using vb6 with an Access 2000 database using a DAO connection,
> if
> > this info helps at all

Fri, 25 Mar 2005 00:11:11 GMT

1. 'text' property is read only error

2. 'Text' property read only

3. 'Text' Property is read only

4. 'Text' property read only

5. 'Text' property read only

6. Reading text from another program's Rich Text Box

7. Just the BASIC's ma'am.

8. Read a Footnote's reference as text

9. Code to change all text box's on a form to Read Only

10. Reading text from another App's Window

11. Reading Application's ComboBox or TextBox text

12. Reading a Text File -- something's wrong