visual basic and clipper - need a translation
Author Message
 visual basic and clipper - need a translation

I have done some programming in dbase3 and clipper.
Does anyone know of a guide to translate commands and techniques from,
say, clipper to Visual Basic? Any references to books or articles would
be very appreciated. (I need a "dBase users guide to database
programming in Visual Basic")
Thanks in advance,

Byron

Tue, 26 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 visual basic and clipper - need a translation
Hi Byron,
First sorry, cause i cannot give you the answer that you want.
Second, I've had the same problems few years ago with converting clipper to
VB4.
After long searches i decide that it's easier to build the application from
the beginning new in VB. Convert your dbase-file to access and build a new
programm. You will see, it takes not so much time than converting.

Frank

Byron Eastman schrieb:

Quote:
> I have done some programming in dbase3 and clipper.
> Does anyone know of a guide to translate commands and techniques from,
> say, clipper to visual basic? Any references to books or articles would
> be very appreciated. (I need a "dBase users guide to database
> programming in Visual Basic")
> Thanks in advance,

> Byron

Tue, 26 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 visual basic and clipper - need a translation
Have look at Artemis it allows VB4 to access DBF file formats.it's mush
better than using very very slow Access.  Artemis is much faster and it
uses the NTX index formats.
We are currently in the same situation of converting Clipper code to VB4
yes it was quite painfull at first using Access but since Artemis it has
reduced are devlopment time due to keeping the existinf database design.

you can find it at www.luxent.com

if you have any more queries email me on

Sun, 31 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Translation of a SOAP Envelope - Visual Basic/SOAP Toolkit to Java/Apache

2. Visual Basic to Word6 translation

3. Translation from PHP to Visual Basic

4. Translation from PHP to Visual Basic

5. ToolBook to Visual Basic translation

6. Help migrating from CLIPPER to VISUAL BASIC

7. Clipper and Visual Basic

8. Van Clipper overstappen naar Visual basic of Delphi ?

9. Visual Basic and Clipper

10. Code converter betwen clipper and Visual Basic

11. Clipper 5.x and visual basic

12. Clipper 5.x and visual basic