Problem on open access 2.0 database by VB4
Author Message
 Problem on open access 2.0 database by VB4

Are you connecting to it via a data control? Perhaps two different
forms running in your VB program are trying to access the same data at
the same time. I've also seen an instance where Crystal Reports was
reporting off the database while another section of the same app was
trying to access the same data-it produced the same error you
mentioned. Somewhere in your app, the table is being grabbed by two
different places. Whenever you use a data control, the table is being
grabbed by that form whenever the form is loaded, even if you aren't
making any updates at the time.

Eric {*filter*}
Atlanta, GA USA

Quote:
>I have a database in access 2.0 format. Sometime, system give me an
>error message "database is used by 'Admin' on the machine, you cannot
>open is excluively.", where Admin is user name. However, the database is
>located at my PC which is isolated from LAN and the database is not used
>by other application. The database size is about 22M byte. Does it
>affect system?. Please give me an suggestion. Thank you!

Sat, 27 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem on open access 2.0 database by VB4

I have a database in access 2.0 format. Sometime, system give me an
error message "database is used by 'Admin' on the machine, you cannot
open is excluively.", where Admin is user name. However, the database is
located at my PC which is isolated from LAN and the database is not used
by other application. The database size is about 22M byte. Does it
affect system?. Please give me an suggestion. Thank you!

Sun, 28 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem on open access 2.0 database by VB4

Quote:
> I have a database in access 2.0 format. Sometime, system give me an
> error message "database is used by 'Admin' on the machine, you cannot
> open is excluively.", where Admin is user name. However, the database is
> located at my PC which is isolated from LAN and the database is not used
> by other application. The database size is about 22M byte. Does it
> affect system?. Please give me an suggestion. Thank you!

It may sound stupid, but you must have the database open in another window
or something. Do you perhaps have it open in Access 2.0? I have done this
to myself more than once.

Mon, 01 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB4 app opening Secure 2.0 and 7.0 Access Databases concurently

2. Unable to open Access 2.0 database from VB4-32

3. Help : Accessing a secure access 2.0 database from VB4.0

4. Accessing Access 2.0 database with VB3, ODBC 2.0 and Microsotf Jet Engine Compatibility Layer

5. Problems accessing ACCESS 2.0 databases from ODBC

6. Access 2.0/Crystal Reports 4.0 - Can't Open Database Error

7. ADO 2.0: Opening 2 Access databases

8. open database in Access 2.0

9. Opening an Access 2.0 database with VB5 on Read-Only media

10. Help: Error 3033 occurs when opening a MS ACCESS 2.0 Database

11. How can I open Access 2.0 database with VB 3.0

12. Can't open MS ACCESS 2.0 databases with VB 3.0 Pro