Gurus will slam me for this post... VB 6 code
Author Message
 Gurus will slam me for this post... VB 6 code

Guys I know how pathetic it is to ask what I am going to ask here.  I have
been around news groups and know what kind of respect this gets... BUT.  I
have to ask.  I dont code myself, I need this for a friend's VB class....yes
that's the ticket! :)
ANYWAY, can some one please PLEASE! write this small app in VB6?
Here is the spec:

The program is to be used by a number of different individuals who are
expected to perform different duties.   The user is to login and based on
their Username, Password, Committee (A = Academic, P = Probation, C =
Counseling) they would be taken to the appropriate form.

Use whatever format and layout you want to use in terms of buttons, menus,
grid for displaying students and so on.  For extra credit add the monthly
report and allow the users to export data to a text file and import data
from a text file.

Personnel form the Academic Standards Committee is to perform the following
duties.  They take request from students who got WU grades and who are
requesting for them to be changed.  The following duties are performed

Add New Students, Update Student Information, and Find Student by Last Name
or by ID, View all Student Records, View Records by Month and Year, Print
monthly report.

The following information is stored for the Academic Standards Committee:

SS#, Last Name, First Name, Major (BIO.CIS), Semester Requested (Fall 2002),
Date Entered (3/21/2003), Rationale (Reason for request), Documentation (Any
documentation presented), GPA, Total Credits, Reporting Month (1.12),
Recommendation (Approved/Denied), Memo (Any other remarks)

 Personnel for the Probation Committee save student information and
calculate how many semesters it would take a student whose current GPA is
less than 2.0 to get to a 2.0 or above.  The following duties are performed

Calculate Semesters, Add New Students, Update Student Information, and Find
Student by Last Name or by ID, View all Student Records, View Records by
Month and Year, Print monthly report.

 The following information is stored:

SS#, Last Name, First Name, Major (BIO.CIS), Semester Entered (Fall 2002),
Date Entered (3/21/2003), GPA, Total Credits, (1.12), Credits Attempted,
Projected, Semesters Needed, Recommendation (Approved/Denied), Memo (any
other remarks.

Tue, 25 Oct 2005 00:56:38 GMT
 Gurus will slam me for this post... VB 6 code
So, if you know how pathetic it is, why did you bother to ask?

Frankly, I have, and I imagine most people here, have better things to do
than other peoples homework.  Ooops...I have wasted too much time
already....

Mauro

Quote:
> Guys I know how pathetic it is to ask what I am going to ask here.  I have
> been around news groups and know what kind of respect this gets... BUT.  I
> have to ask.  I dont code myself, I need this for a friend's VB
class....yes
> that's the ticket! :)
> ANYWAY, can some one please PLEASE! write this small app in VB6?
> Here is the spec:

> The program is to be used by a number of different individuals who are
> expected to perform different duties.   The user is to login and based on
> their Username, Password, Committee (A = Academic, P = Probation, C =
> Counseling) they would be taken to the appropriate form.

> Use whatever format and layout you want to use in terms of buttons, menus,
> grid for displaying students and so on.  For extra credit add the monthly
> report and allow the users to export data to a text file and import data
> from a text file.

> Personnel form the Academic Standards Committee is to perform the
following
> duties.  They take request from students who got WU grades and who are
> requesting for them to be changed.  The following duties are performed

> Add New Students, Update Student Information, and Find Student by Last
Name
> or by ID, View all Student Records, View Records by Month and Year, Print
> monthly report.

> The following information is stored for the Academic Standards Committee:

> SS#, Last Name, First Name, Major (BIO.CIS), Semester Requested (Fall
2002),
> Date Entered (3/21/2003), Rationale (Reason for request), Documentation
(Any
> documentation presented), GPA, Total Credits, Reporting Month (1.12),
> Recommendation (Approved/Denied), Memo (Any other remarks)

>  Personnel for the Probation Committee save student information and
> calculate how many semesters it would take a student whose current GPA is
> less than 2.0 to get to a 2.0 or above.  The following duties are
performed

> Calculate Semesters, Add New Students, Update Student Information, and
Find
> Student by Last Name or by ID, View all Student Records, View Records by
> Month and Year, Print monthly report.

>  The following information is stored:

> SS#, Last Name, First Name, Major (BIO.CIS), Semester Entered (Fall 2002),
> Date Entered (3/21/2003), GPA, Total Credits, (1.12), Credits Attempted,
> Projected, Semesters Needed, Recommendation (Approved/Denied), Memo (any
> other remarks.

Tue, 25 Oct 2005 01:11:57 GMT
 Gurus will slam me for this post... VB 6 code
In responce to the post:

stated...and I replied:

Quote:
>Guys I know how pathetic it is to ask what I am going to ask here.  I have
>been around news groups and know what kind of respect this gets... BUT.  I
>have to ask.  I dont code myself, I need this for a friend's VB class....yes
>that's the ticket! :)
>ANYWAY, can some one please PLEASE! write this small app in VB6?

What's it worth to you?  I normally get paid $50 per hour for
programming (1099).  This one should only cost you a few hundred.
Shell
-
http://drshell.home.mindspring.com/
Into computers since 1972.
-

Tue, 25 Oct 2005 02:15:32 GMT
 Gurus will slam me for this post... VB 6 code
you are correct.  So dont waste your time or mine

Quote:
> [...]

> > Recommendation (Approved/Denied), Memo (Any other remarks)

> >  Personnel for the Probation Committee save student information and
> > calculate how many semesters it would take a student whose current GPA
is
> > less than 2.0 to get to a 2.0 or above.  The following duties are
> performed

> > Calculate Semesters, Add New Students, Update Student Information, and
> Find
> > Student by Last Name or by ID, View all Student Records, View Records by
> > Month and Year, Print monthly report.

> >  The following information is stored:

> > SS#, Last Name, First Name, Major (BIO.CIS), Semester Entered (Fall
2002),
> > Date Entered (3/21/2003), GPA, Total Credits, (1.12), Credits Attempted,
> > Projected, Semesters Needed, Recommendation (Approved/Denied), Memo (any

Tue, 25 Oct 2005 02:32:09 GMT
 Gurus will slam me for this post... VB 6 code
Couple of hindered? You have to review your lines/per hour rate, this is a
second part of a 3 hour exam entry level VB.
First part takes about an hour.

Quote:
> In responce to the post:

> stated...and I replied:

> >Guys I know how pathetic it is to ask what I am going to ask here.  I
have
> >been around news groups and know what kind of respect this gets... BUT.
> >have to ask.  I dont code myself, I need this for a friend's VB
class....yes
> >that's the ticket! :)
> >ANYWAY, can some one please PLEASE! write this small app in VB6?

> What's it worth to you?  I normally get paid $50 per hour for
> programming (1099).  This one should only cost you a few hundred.
> Shell
> -
> http://drshell.home.mindspring.com/
> Into computers since 1972.
> -

Tue, 25 Oct 2005 02:46:52 GMT
 Gurus will slam me for this post... VB 6 code
It seems that all seasoned VB programmer need to go that SCHOOL to learn how
to program in VB so that yhey can finish that task in 2 HOURS.

Quote:
> Couple of hindered? You have to review your lines/per hour rate, this is a
> second part of a 3 hour exam entry level VB.
> First part takes about an hour.

> > In responce to the post:

> > stated...and I replied:

> > >Guys I know how pathetic it is to ask what I am going to ask here.  I
> have
> > >been around news groups and know what kind of respect this gets... BUT.
> > >have to ask.  I dont code myself, I need this for a friend's VB
> class....yes
> > >that's the ticket! :)
> > >ANYWAY, can some one please PLEASE! write this small app in VB6?

> > What's it worth to you?  I normally get paid $50 per hour for
> > programming (1099).  This one should only cost you a few hundred.
> > Shell
> > -
> > http://drshell.home.mindspring.com/
> > Into computers since 1972.
> > -

Tue, 25 Oct 2005 03:46:25 GMT
 Gurus will slam me for this post... VB 6 code
And you are asking  professionals (well some of them) to do something
you were "supposed" to be paying attention to in class for several weeks
so you would be very familiar with the concept of what you want done to
do this in an hour?

This is not only pathetic, its unethical. What do you plan on getting
from your "friends" class anyway? Anything? Did you pay your friend? Is
this really a high school class that you ditched all semester and now
need someone to do your work for you? Yes, I think that may be it.

Go away.

Dan

Quote:

--

Remove NOT from email address to reply. AntiSpam in action.

Tue, 25 Oct 2005 03:57:03 GMT
 Gurus will slam me for this post... VB 6 code
Not a "Couple of hindred", I said a FEW hundred.  That's around 3
hundred (not hindred).

In responce to the post:

stated...and I replied:

Quote:
>Couple of hindered? You have to review your lines/per hour rate, this is a
>second part of a 3 hour exam entry level VB.
>First part takes about an hour.

>> In responce to the post:

>> stated...and I replied:

>> >Guys I know how pathetic it is to ask what I am going to ask here.  I
>have
>> >been around news groups and know what kind of respect this gets... BUT.
>> >have to ask.  I dont code myself, I need this for a friend's VB
>class....yes
>> >that's the ticket! :)
>> >ANYWAY, can some one please PLEASE! write this small app in VB6?

>> What's it worth to you?  I normally get paid $50 per hour for
>> programming (1099).  This one should only cost you a few hundred.
>> Shell
>> -
>> http://drshell.home.mindspring.com/
>> Into computers since 1972.
>> -

Shell
-
http://drshell.home.mindspring.com/
Into computers since 1972.
-

Tue, 25 Oct 2005 08:16:05 GMT
 Gurus will slam me for this post... VB 6 code
And perhaps to SPELL and maybe some remedial math.  A few hundred
would work out to about 6 hours.  Note: ALWAYS pad the estimate, on
the off chance the customer says something like, "OK, now I need it to
do this..."

In responce to the post:

stated...and I replied:

Quote:
>It seems that all seasoned VB programmer need to go that SCHOOL to learn how
>to program in VB so that yhey can finish that task in 2 HOURS.

>> Couple of hindered? You have to review your lines/per hour rate, this is a
>> second part of a 3 hour exam entry level VB.
>> First part takes about an hour.

>> > In responce to the post:

>> > stated...and I replied:

>> have
>> class....yes

>> > What's it worth to you?  I normally get paid $50 per hour for
>> > programming (1099).  This one should only cost you a few hundred.
>> > Shell
>> > -
>> > http://drshell.home.mindspring.com/
>> > Into computers since 1972.
>> > -

Shell
-
http://drshell.home.mindspring.com/
Into computers since 1972.
-

Tue, 25 Oct 2005 08:16:07 GMT
 Gurus will slam me for this post... VB 6 code
It's not lines per hour rate.  It's a general labor rate,
and a good bargain too.  I charge more.

And it might cost $300, but you'd be getting an efficient
program for that amount of time spent.

Quote:
> Couple of hindered? You have to review your lines/per hour rate, this is a
> second part of a 3 hour exam entry level VB.
> First part takes about an hour.

> > In responce to the post:

> > stated...and I replied:

> > >Guys I know how pathetic it is to ask what I am going to ask here.  I
> have
> > >been around news groups and know what kind of respect this gets... BUT.
> > >have to ask.  I dont code myself, I need this for a friend's VB
> class....yes
> > >that's the ticket! :)
> > >ANYWAY, can some one please PLEASE! write this small app in VB6?

> > What's it worth to you?  I normally get paid $50 per hour for
> > programming (1099).  This one should only cost you a few hundred.
> > Shell
> > -
> > http://drshell.home.mindspring.com/
> > Into computers since 1972.
> > -

Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:21:12 GMT
 Gurus will slam me for this post... VB 6 code
In any event, getting $50 an hour as a consultant speaks volumes about your
market worth.

Quote:
> And perhaps to SPELL and maybe some remedial math.  A few hundred
> would work out to about 6 hours.  Note: ALWAYS pad the estimate, on
> the off chance the customer says something like, "OK, now I need it to
> do this..."

> In responce to the post:

> stated...and I replied:

> >It seems that all seasoned VB programmer need to go that SCHOOL to learn
how
> >to program in VB so that yhey can finish that task in 2 HOURS.

> >> Couple of hindered? You have to review your lines/per hour rate, this
is a
> >> second part of a 3 hour exam entry level VB.
> >> First part takes about an hour.

message

> >> have
BUT.
> >> class....yes

> Shell
> -
> http://drshell.home.mindspring.com/
> Into computers since 1972.
> -

Tue, 25 Oct 2005 21:48:54 GMT
 Gurus will slam me for this post... VB 6 code
That was an obvious typo you {*filter*}o

Quote:
> Not a "Couple of hindred", I said a FEW hundred.  That's around 3
> hundred (not hindred).

> In responce to the post:

> stated...and I replied:

> >Couple of hindered? You have to review your lines/per hour rate, this is
> >second part of a 3 hour exam entry level VB.
> >First part takes about an hour.

> >> In responce to the post:

> >> stated...and I replied:

> >have
BUT.
> >class....yes

> >> What's it worth to you?  I normally get paid $50 per hour for
> >> programming (1099).  This one should only cost you a few hundred.
> >> Shell
> >> -
> >> http://www.*-*-*.com/
> >> Into computers since 1972.
> >> -

> Shell
> -
> http://www.*-*-*.com/
> Into computers since 1972.
> -

Tue, 25 Oct 2005 21:35:10 GMT
 Gurus will slam me for this post... VB 6 code

Quote:

> Guys I know how pathetic it is to ask what I am going to ask here.  I have
> been around news groups and know what kind of respect this gets... BUT.  I
> have to ask.  I dont code myself, I need this for a friend's VB class....yes
> that's the ticket! :)
> ANYWAY, can some one please PLEASE! write this small app in VB6?
> Here is the spec:

Sorry, I'm a little unclear on this, are you putting money on the
line?

Also, if you friend isn't going to write the program himself for this
test instead taking credit for someone else's work, what is he trying
to do, become a project manager?  I laugh.  A little project
management humor.  If so, maybe we could make a trade, programming for
straightening out some Gantt charts that are becoming horribly out of
synch with reality.

Tue, 25 Oct 2005 23:30:17 GMT
 Gurus will slam me for this post... VB 6 code
Send me $500 by paypal and vb3 (since youre also x-posting there so I
assume uts VB3 you want). I can get this done this weekend if you also
give me in writing that what you are doing does not violate any laws/a
school honor code and does not classify as cheating.
Quote:

> Guys I know how pathetic it is to ask what I am going to ask here.  I have
> been around news groups and know what kind of respect this gets... BUT.  I
> have to ask.  I dont code myself, I need this for a friend's VB class....yes
> that's the ticket! :)
> ANYWAY, can some one please PLEASE! write this small app in VB6?
> Here is the spec:

> The program is to be used by a number of different individuals who are
> expected to perform different duties.   The user is to login and based on
> their Username, Password, Committee (A = Academic, P = Probation, C =
> Counseling) they would be taken to the appropriate form.

> Use whatever format and layout you want to use in terms of buttons, menus,
> grid for displaying students and so on.  For extra credit add the monthly
> report and allow the users to export data to a text file and import data
> from a text file.

> Personnel form the Academic Standards Committee is to perform the following
> duties.  They take request from students who got WU grades and who are
> requesting for them to be changed.  The following duties are performed

> Add New Students, Update Student Information, and Find Student by Last Name
> or by ID, View all Student Records, View Records by Month and Year, Print
> monthly report.

> The following information is stored for the Academic Standards Committee:

> SS#, Last Name, First Name, Major (BIO.CIS), Semester Requested (Fall 2002),
> Date Entered (3/21/2003), Rationale (Reason for request), Documentation (Any
> documentation presented), GPA, Total Credits, Reporting Month (1.12),
> Recommendation (Approved/Denied), Memo (Any other remarks)

>  Personnel for the Probation Committee save student information and
> calculate how many semesters it would take a student whose current GPA is
> less than 2.0 to get to a 2.0 or above.  The following duties are performed

> Calculate Semesters, Add New Students, Update Student Information, and Find
> Student by Last Name or by ID, View all Student Records, View Records by
> Month and Year, Print monthly report.

>  The following information is stored:

> SS#, Last Name, First Name, Major (BIO.CIS), Semester Entered (Fall 2002),
> Date Entered (3/21/2003), GPA, Total Credits, (1.12), Credits Attempted,
> Projected, Semesters Needed, Recommendation (Approved/Denied), Memo (any
> other remarks.

Tue, 25 Oct 2005 23:31:27 GMT
 Gurus will slam me for this post... VB 6 code
incredible insight

Quote:
> And you are asking  professionals (well some of them) to do something
> you were "supposed" to be paying attention to in class for several weeks
> so you would be very familiar with the concept of what you want done to
> do this in an hour?

> This is not only pathetic, its unethical. What do you plan on getting
> from your "friends" class anyway? Anything? Did you pay your friend? Is
> this really a high school class that you ditched all semester and now
> need someone to do your work for you? Yes, I think that may be it.

> Go away.

> Dan

> > Couple of hindered? You have to review your lines/per hour rate, this is
> > second part of a 3 hour exam entry level VB.
> > First part takes about an hour.

> > > In responce to the post:

> > > stated...and I replied:

> > have
BUT.
> > class....yes

> > > What's it worth to you?  I normally get paid $50 per hour for
> > > programming (1099).  This one should only cost you a few hundred.
> > > Shell
> > > -
> > > http://drshell.home.mindspring.com/
> > > Into computers since 1972.
> > > -

> --

> Remove NOT from email address to reply. AntiSpam in action.

Wed, 26 Oct 2005 02:37:33 GMT

 [ 20 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. CPU Usage % Slammed at MAXIMUM - Someone help

2. newbie slam dunk

3. I need someone to teach my VB willing to pay

4. Anybody willing to share his VB expertise?

5. international post codes (Zip codes) - ricerca tabella codici postali europei per database

6. VB Mentor needed to assist me, willing to pay $$$

7. oscillating input - code gurus

8. Need A Guru's Help - Dynamic Code Substitution

9. oscillating input - code gurus

10. Question for a guru (WOSA guru, that is)

11. GURU/SEMI-GURU please help with ActiveX DLL threading question

12. Posting the code