Cristal Report problems...
Author Message
 Cristal Report problems...

I can't find the CrystalReport control in Vb 6.0.

What is the name of the Active X control for Crystal Reports, and where can
I find it?

Thanks Paulo Pra?a

Tue, 10 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Cristal Report problems...
Projects - components - Crystal Report Control

Wed, 11 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Cristal Report problems...
I make " Projects-Components ", but the option " Cristal Report Control " is
not  available.

 I think that the VB6 don't carry the file.ocx (I don't know which is the
respective name).

Thanks  Paulo Pra?a

Quote:

>Projects - components - Crystal Report Control

Wed, 11 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Cristal Report problems...
Have you *installed* Crystal Reports on your PC? VB Setup/Install
doesn't automatically install it. I could be wrong but I think that
when you install CR it registers its OCX and makes it available then
to VB under PROJECT --> COMPONENTS

Check your VB CD:
COMMON --> TOOLS --> VB --> CRYSREPT

HTH

Quote:
>I make " Projects-Components ", but the option " Cristal Report Control " is
>not  available.

> I think that the VB6 don't carry the file.ocx (I don't know which is the
>respective name).

>Thanks  Paulo Pra?a

>>Projects - components - Crystal Report Control

Wed, 11 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Cristal Report problems...
Hi, Adrian
I am now using VB5 and I interested in VB6 a lot.
I am thinking to get VB6 in later.
Therefore, I gather quite some information about VB6 and related
products.

Crystal Report Version 4.6 for VB is comes together with VB5 Prof.
and Ent. Ed.
However, "Use the new banded Report Writer to create sophisticated
reports" is mentioned by MS-VB6
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/prodinfo/evaluation/eval2.asp
I think MS-VB6 comes together with its OWN report writer.
Crystal report may replaced by the "new banded report writer".  I
am not very sure about this point.
If I am not wrong, I don't think you can get crystal report in MS-
VB6.
If you can find a copy of crystal report in VB6, please kindly let
me know.

Now seagate released Crystal Reports Version 7. It is the most
latest version.
http://www.seagatesoftware.com/scrvbasic/

However, It cost at US$199 for the upgrade version.
http://www.store.seagatesoftware.com/seaguser/sframe.asp?fname=pro
duct.asp&product_no=crystalreports7
Too sad for me!!!

THERE IS STILL A GOOD NEWS FOR YOU
==================================
VISIT
http://www.seagatesoftware.com/scrvbasic/download/
you can get a copy:
Seagate Crystal Reports (Solutions for Microsoft Visual Studio)
The Report Designer Component for Visual Basic 5.0 and 6.0!
It is not only FREE to download and use but you can register that
software FREE of charge.

I am not sure when Seagate will stop this offer.
So, HURRY and ENJOY.

Yours,
LUIGI BOTTO

[posted and mailed]

Quote:
>Projects - components - Crystal Report Control

Thu, 12 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Cristal Report problems...

2. Cristal Report problems...

3. problem with cristal report with general text printer

4. Problem with summary in Cristal Report 4.0

5. Problem with Cristal Report

6. problem with cristal report with general text printer

7. Problem in Cristal Multicolumns report

8. Security problem with Cristal Reports...

9. Problem with SQL Server and Cristal Report

10. Cristal report ??? sub report

11. LOOKING for CRISTAL REPORT !!!!

12. How to refresh the cristal report activex on launch