How to creat dynaset from a dynaset in VB4 ?
Author Message
 How to creat dynaset from a dynaset in VB4 ?

I am a newbie in VB4 who needs help desperately. How can one creat a
dynaset from a database and then narrow down the records further by
creating another dynaset from the first dynaset. Any suggestion will
be greatly appreciated.

Tue, 27 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 How to creat dynaset from a dynaset in VB4 ?

writes:

Quote:
>I am a newbie in VB4 who needs help desperately. How can one creat a
>dynaset from a database and then narrow down the records further by
>creating another dynaset from the first dynaset. Any suggestion will
>be greatly appreciated.

Use the FindFirst...FindNext...FindLast methods on the dynaset from the
database.

Tue, 03 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 How to creat dynaset from a dynaset in VB4 ?

Quote:

> writes:

> >I am a newbie in VB4 who needs help desperately. How can one creat a
> >dynaset from a database and then narrow down the records further by
> >creating another dynaset from the first dynaset. Any suggestion will
> >be greatly appreciated.

> Use the FindFirst...FindNext...FindLast methods on the dynaset from the
> database.

It is more efficient to use the Filter property and then make a new dynaset

Set dsDynasetFirst = dbDatabase.OpenRecordset("SELECT field1, field2 FROM Customers", dbOpenDynaset)

dsDynasetFirst.Filter = "field1 = 25"

set dsDynasetSecond = dsDynasetFirst.OpenRecordset()

Wed, 04 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 How to creat dynaset from a dynaset in VB4 ?

Quote:

>> Use the FindFirst...FindNext...FindLast methods on the dynaset from the
>> database.
>It is more efficient to use the Filter property and then make a new dynaset
>Set dsDynasetFirst = dbDatabase.OpenRecordset("SELECT field1, field2 FROM Customers", dbOpenDynaset)
>dsDynasetFirst.Filter = "field1 = 25"
>set dsDynasetSecond = dsDynasetFirst.OpenRecordset()

If you're not using the first recordset for anything or are done
with it, it's more efficient to simply create the result in one
step:

set ds = db.OpenRecordset("SELECT _
   field1, field2 FROM Customers _
   WHERE field1 = 25;", dbOpenDynaset)

Cheers,

Joe

Never underestimate the power of a WAG.

Fri, 13 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Creating a Dynaset object.

2. Copying the current record in dynaset and creating another

3. How do I creat an editable dynaset from 2 tables

4. HELP - CREATING TEXT AND MDB FILES FROM DYNASET

5. SQL - Creating a dyanset from an existing dynaset or Snapshot

6. SQL Problems Creating Dynaset Filtered by date

7. Created SQL Column access in VB Dynaset

8. creating dynaset - help

9. Creating dynaset from several dynasets?

10. SQL Problems Creating Dynaset Filtered by date

11. How to check if Dynaset has been created ?

12. Query vs. Dynaset in VB4.0 32bit