connecting to dBase III dbf table with VB 6
Author Message
 connecting to dBase III dbf table with VB 6

Hi all,

I want to connect to a (dBase III) .dbf table using VB 6. I can do this
easily by adding a DAO or ADO data object to the form then setting up the
link to the .dbf table with the data object. However, if I move the .dbf
file to a different directory I (obviously) lose the link. How can I
reference the location of the .dbf table through a variable in code so that
I can then change the reference to the .dbf file at will? I've tried all
combinations of connectstring for the ADO object and can't find a way around
this problem. The reason for this is that I want to import data from the
.dbf table into an mdb, replacing data already in the mdb, so my code would
run something like:

-open mdb database
-open mdb table
-delete all records
-open .dbf table
-copy data record-by-record to the appropriate mdb table
-close dbf table
-close mdb database

Tue, 01 Mar 2005 05:32:47 GMT

1. Create a .dbf(dbase III) database

2. HELP: Mail merge in VB5.0 between dbase III .dbf and Word 7.0 .doc

3. Problems adding new records to ODBC source (dBASE III dbf's)

4. Using .DBF DBASE III files and Deleting

5. ADO connection string for Dbase III file (*.dbf)

6. HELP: Mail merge in VB5.0 between dbase III .dbf and Word 7.0 .doc

7. Connect VB6 to dBase III file

8. connecting a dBase III - Database using Ado

9. saving Access Tables to dbase III file format

10. creating dbase III tables in vb5.0

11. Memo field dbase III tables maximum 5000 bytes (problem VB4)

12. Converting dBase III tables -> SQL databases