Slow VB3.0 and SQL Server?
Author Message
 Slow VB3.0 and SQL Server?

Is anyone using VB 3.0 as a front end for SQL Server 6.0?
I am seeing very slow results when compared to the speed I
could achieve with VB 3.0 and an Access 2.0 MDB file.

Could anyone tell me if they are having similar problems.
We can only acheive a data transfer rate of 15KB per second.

Also has anyone seen a great speed improvement going to VB 4.0?
Are remote data object really that much faster?

Thanks a lot.

Mon, 14 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Insert into SQL Server slow, slow, slow...

2. SQL Server slower than Jet, why???

3. SQL Server slower than Access?

4. vb5/sql server slow

5. SQL Server slow on some workstations

6. ODBC to SQL Server is Slow

7. SQL Server slower than Access?

8. Importing Text to SQL Server Waaaaaayyyy Too Slow!

9. Dataenvironment and SQL server slow

10. SQL Server Stored Procedure too slow ?

11. Advice with SLOW SELECTs against large SQL Server database

12. 16-bit VB 4.0 app slow accessing linked SQL Server tables