Problem in Printing.
Author Message
 Problem in Printing.

Hi VB experts:
     I have a question on printing.  I have created a Random Access File for my
database.  I have about 6000 records.  The way I am printing now is based on da
te of birth criteria by using a strcomp function and get the record and print.
What is happening after printing the all the records which match the test condi
tion, it adds a new record which is a duplicate of the first record in my datab
ase.  I would like to know if anybody knows the solution.  If you do know, plea
se email me the technique of printing and avoid adding a new record.  Thanks fo
r your help

Raj

Fri, 26 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem in Printing.
Hi, Raj:

Not sure if it is related to your problem, but in MS BASIC(s) I think if you
try to GET a record with a record number greater than the number of records in
the file then BASIC automatically adds a record and extends the file.  Maybe
you are looping one record past the end of the file in your GET loop?

R. Neal

Quote:

>Hi VB experts:
>     I have a question on printing.  I have created a Random Access File for
my
>database.  I have about 6000 records.  The way I am printing now is based on
da
>te of birth criteria by using a strcomp function and get the record and
print.
>What is happening after printing the all the records which match the test
condi
>tion, it adds a new record which is a duplicate of the first record in my
datab
>ase.  I would like to know if anybody knows the solution.  If you do know,
plea
>se email me the technique of printing and avoid adding a new record.  Thanks
fo
>r your help

>Raj

Fri, 26 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printing problem : several prints at same time

2. Printing problem : several prints at same time

3. Printing problem several prints at same time

4. Problem during Print to text file

5. Problem with printing to different paper trays...

6. Problems with Printing the current record

7. Problem with Print/HasMorePage=The Old NewPage?

8. Problems with Printing content created by Document.Write

9. Big problem for printing table ?

10. I have Problem with Printing in Visual C++ 6.0

11. Problem in printing a multiple-lines field with checked duplication