Is is possible to use a field to store bitmaps?
Author Message
 Is is possible to use a field to store bitmaps?

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a field in VB that you could store
bitmaps in?  The bitmaps would be small (icon sized) and all of the same
length.

   Jim

Fri, 02 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Is is possible to use a field to store bitmaps?

Quote:

>Does anyone know if it is possible to create a field in VB that you could store
>bitmaps in?  The bitmaps would be small (icon sized) and all of the same
>length.

Sure, why the hell not?  Just use a "LONGBINARY" field, so long as you
are retrieving these bitmaps from your VB program you'll be ok.  But
don't expect to be able to open the database in MsAccess and see the
bitmaps as bitmaps cos you won't; to do that, Access would need some
extra header information with which I am unable to help you. Sorry.

If you need help getting the bitmap data from your picture box (or
whatever) into the database and back again, let me know, I've got some
sample code I can give you if you like (from an application I wrote
nearly two years ago).  I'd just have to pull out the relevant bits so
you'd have to tell me where you're getting the bitmaps from.

Good luck
chris

Fri, 23 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Is is possible to use a field to store bitmaps?

Quote:

> >Does anyone know if it is possible to create a field in VB that you could store
> >bitmaps in?  The bitmaps would be small (icon sized) and all of the same
> >length.

> Sure, why the hell not?  Just use a "LONGBINARY" field, so long as you
> are retrieving these bitmaps from your VB program you'll be ok.  But
> don't expect to be able to open the database in MsAccess and see the
> bitmaps as bitmaps cos you won't; to do that, Access would need some
> extra header information with which I am unable to help you. Sorry.

> If you need help getting the bitmap data from your picture box (or
> whatever) into the database and back again, let me know, I've got some
> sample code I can give you if you like (from an application I wrote
> nearly two years ago).  I'd just have to pull out the relevant bits so
> you'd have to tell me where you're getting the bitmaps from.

> Good luck
> chris

could you send me an example of getting the bitmap from the database
and so forth. I am new to using databases with Visual Basic and I really

Tue, 03 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

2. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

4. Retrieving/storing bitmaps stored in Access OLE field

5. Retrieving/storing bitmaps stored in Access OLE field

6. Retrieving/storing bitmaps stored in Access OLE field

7. Retrieving/storing bitmaps stored in Access OLE field

8. Is this possible, or am I pushing it?

9. Is this possible, or am I pushing it?

10. Is this possible, or am I pushing it?

11. is this possible or am I dreaming

12. When is 5:00 AM not 5:00 AM? When it's 5:00 AM.