Changing DAO version
Author Message
 Changing DAO version

I've been making an Database-application for the 32'bit platform
(VB4 pro. ed. with DAO30 reference) After I while when I tried to make
this work for the 16 bit platform I realized that I had to change the
Database - version,WITHOUT LOOSING THE data in my tables.

I could find the following in the manual:

DbEngine.CompactDataBase oldDBname, NewDBname, dbKangNorwDan,
dBVersion25

The problem is that 'dbVersion25' is not recognized, even if i try to
use the DAO25 or DAO25/DAO30 compatibility reference instead of DAO30.

AnyOne know what's wrong?

Terje Viken

Sat, 26 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing DAO version

Quote:

> I've been making an Database-application for the 32'bit platform
> (VB4 pro. ed. with DAO30 reference) After I while when I tried to make
> this work for the 16 bit platform I realized that I had to change the
> Database - version,WITHOUT LOOSING THE data in my tables.
> I could find the following in the manual:
> DbEngine.CompactDataBase oldDBname, NewDBname, dbKangNorwDan,
> dBVersion25
> The problem is that 'dbVersion25' is not recognized, even if i try to
> use the DAO25 or DAO25/DAO30 compatibility reference instead of DAO30.
> AnyOne know what's wrong?

I *think* the documentation might be in error. As far as I can tell, there's
no such constant as dbVersion25. However, there *is* a dbVersion20 and the
help says it's ok with the 2.5 engine, so try that.

Quote:

--

Vox (0|+44)1642 216 200  }*|*{  *o|o*  }o|o{ Zetland Buildings, Exchange Square
Fax (0|+44)1642 216 201    o      o      *   Middlesbrough, Cleveland.  TS1 1DE

Sat, 26 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing DAO version

Quote:

>I've been making an Database-application for the 32'bit platform
>(VB4 pro. ed. with DAO30 reference) After I while when I tried to make
>this work for the 16 bit platform I realized that I had to change the
>Database - version,WITHOUT LOOSING THE data in my tables.

I could be wrong, but I don't
think you can convert a database
"backwards" to an older version.

You probably stuck doing it the
hard way... export the tables to
some other format (e.g. text)
and then import them into a
version 2.x .MDB (best to use
MS-Access for this, but you'll
need both the 2.0 and 7.0 versions...
one for the export, one for the
import)
-Paul
--
Webmaster, Purdue University Placement Service

Paul F. Smith - Purdue University Computer Science, Dec '96

Sat, 26 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Changing DAO version

2. changing DAO version

3. prevent DAO version change or ....

4. prevent DAO version changes

5. DAO Version

6. Accessing versions of Access using VC++ & DAO

7. DAO Database version

8. DAO, Version 3.60

9. DAO Version Problem

10. How to use all DAO versions?

11. Determine DAO Registry Setting and Version Being Used

12. ADO, DAO VERSIONS AND ACCESS 97