How to pass Timestamps from VB to SQL Server 6.5 ?
Author Message
 How to pass Timestamps from VB to SQL Server 6.5 ?

I received some useful help from this ng regarding how to read timestamps
from a SQL Server database using VB 5.0 as a front end. This help has
enabled me to read the Timestamp value and now I am ready to pass it into
the stored procedure that does the update.

The problem I now have is that the timestamp in vb is stored as a string
"0x000000010000722C" how do I
compare that with the one stored as a binary in the table.

The timestamp in my table is in a column called "TS" and is an integer
column.  I try to pass the timestamp from VB as an integer but have a
problem converting the value "0x000000010000722C" to an integer.

parameter.

In SQL I use.

Security_Id)

  Process as an error
Else
  it's ok

I was going to pass the parameter passed into my stored procedure as an
integer but CLng("0x000000010000722C") gives an error.

Now I don't know what to do.

How are timestamps passed to SQL Stored procedures from VB and then compared
in the SQL?

Tue, 15 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL Server 6.5 timestamps to VB?

2. VB 4.0 32bit with SQL Sever 6.5 (Timestamp)

3. pass a SQL Server timestamp as variable in VB

4. Passing in TimeStamps to SQL Server

5. VB 5.0 and SQL Server 6.5 Contract

6. VB 6.0 & SQl server 6.5

7. VB & SQL Server 6.5 Contract

8. LONDON - VB 5.0/Sql-Server 6.5/ NT 4 - Developers - Derivatives Trading Systems

9. LONDON - VB 5.0/Sql-Server 6.5/ NT 4.0 - Developers - Derivatives Trading Systems

10. Error doing update with VB 3.0 and SQL Server 6.5

11. ODBC with SQL Server 6.5 in VB 4

12. VB/SQL Server 6.5: quoted string