Data Bound Grid Control
Author Message
 Data Bound Grid Control

I've used this control on VB3 and 4, but now I just bought VB6 and I can't find
this control anywhere.  I searched all my ocx files on my CD's and also on my
computer, but it seems like it doen't exist.  I'm looking at Perter Nortans
Guide to VB6 and it is shown as 'Microsoft Data Bound Grid Control 5.0 (SP3)'
I don't know what 5.0 and (SP3) are for, but all I do know is I don't have
this.  Can someone please tell me how I can get this file?  If someone does
have this file, could you please email it to me?  I've already searched all
over microsofts website and still can't find it.

Thu, 16 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Data Bound Grid Control

Quote:
>I've used this control on VB3 and 4, but now I just bought VB6 and I can't find
>this control anywhere.  I searched all my ocx files on my CD's and also on my
>computer, but it seems like it doen't exist.  I'm looking at Perter Nortans
>Guide to VB6 and it is shown as 'Microsoft Data Bound Grid Control 5.0 (SP3)'
>I don't know what 5.0 and (SP3) are for, but all I do know is I don't have

Right click on the toolbox, choose 'components', and checkmark it in the
components list that pops up. You should have version 6 there also.

The sp3 refers to service pack 3 for vb5. If you never installed sp3 for vb5
then it's may be that you don't have the control, but you'll certainly have
the version 6 dbgrid.

One unfortunate (in my opinion) caveat. You need to do this for each
project. Non-standard controls are project specific, and while there may be
a way to add them globally, I don't know what it is.

Alan

(with a 'p' on 'alan' making it 'alanp',
and no spaces). I'm sick of email spam.

Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. binding a data bound grid control programmatically

2. Microsoft Data Bound Grid Control 5.0 (SP3)

3. DBGRID32.OCX - Data Bound Grid Control 5.0

4. DBGRID32.OCX - Data Bound Grid Control 5.0

5. Question about data bound grid control (DBGrid1)...

6. Microsoft Data Bound Grid Control ( DBGRID32.OCX)

7. Microsoft Data Bound Grid Control 5.0 (SP3)

8. Newbie - Data bound grid control

9. Why I miss Data Bound Grid control?

10. Data Bound Grid Control

11. DATA BOUND GRID CONTROL in VB6?