Can VB 5.0 work with Foxpro 5.0?
Author Message
 Can VB 5.0 work with Foxpro 5.0?

Please tell me if I can connect to Visual Foxpro database through Visual
Basic 5.0 or this can be done only with 6.0. I need this info ASAP

thanks in advance

Steve

Sat, 30 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Can VB 5.0 work with Foxpro 5.0?
Steve,
    Yes you can. I assume you are wanting to connect to the database (DBC)
file. If you are using the DataControl (DAO) set the connect property to
"FoxPro DBC;" (without the quotes) and the databasename to the DBC file then
the recordsource to the name of the table.
if using just DAO set the connect option of the opendatabase method to
"FoxPro DBC;" . You must also have the IISAM driver installed.

Sun, 01 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Can VB 5.0 work with Foxpro 5.0?
Hi Scott

Thanks very much for the prompt information. I tried it and it worked
wondefully :-)

Steve R

Quote:

>Steve,
>    Yes you can. I assume you are wanting to connect to the database (DBC)
>file. If you are using the DataControl (DAO) set the connect property to
>"FoxPro DBC;" (without the quotes) and the databasename to the DBC file
then
>the recordsource to the name of the table.
>if using just DAO set the connect option of the opendatabase method to
>"FoxPro DBC;" . You must also have the IISAM driver installed.

Tue, 03 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can I use Visual Foxpro 5.0 and Visual Basic 5.0

2. Visaul Basic 5.0 vs FoxPro 5.0

3. VB 5.0 Professional Ed. suddenly becomes VB 5.0 Learning Ed.

4. VB 5.0 Professional Edition Vs. VB 5.0 Enterprise Edition

5. Connecting VB to Visual Foxpro 5.0 Tables

6. VB 5.0 and FoxPro problem

7. VB 5.0 DAO 3.5 FoxPro 2.5 Problem

8. Creating a .dll from vb to be used in foxpro 5.0

9. Help Please!! Foxpro dbfs from VB 5.0 ENT

10. HELP !!! VB 5.0 + GRAPHICS SERVER 5.0

11. VB 5.0 and VFP 5.0 compatible?

12. VB 5.0 and Visual SourceSafe 5.0 Integration