FoxPro tables under VB6
Author Message
 FoxPro tables under VB6

I need to be able to access FoxPro 2.5 tables from VB6. Jet 3.51

I have linked FoxPro tables to an Access MDB in the past with success.

However one of the FoxPro tables I now need to link has 12 index tags in a
CDX, while this in itself is not a problem, some of these tags have filter
conditions applied, and some of them are Unique indexes.

When I try and link this table using Access, it presents me with two tag
names from which to select a unique identifier (these are not tags with the
unique option set in FoxPro).

If I look at the .INF file created it only identifies one unique tag.

If I add a record while in Access, the tags do not get updated properly,
also the system crashes intermittently when trying to view the table, or
view its design.

Can this be done?

I can not import the data directly into an access MDB because the system I
am writing has to run in parallel with a legacy system written in FoxPro and
accessing the same tables.

Thanks in Advance

Dennis Mc

Wed, 31 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. FoxPro Tables Under VB6

2. Foxpro table and VB6

3. FoxPro tables under VB6

4. FoxPro Tables Under VB6

5. Accessing FoxPro Tables With VB6

6. FoxPro Tables Under VB6

7. FoxPro tables under VB6

8. FoxPro Tables Under VB6

9. How to connect visual foxpro database/table in VB6

10. Exporting access table to foxpro table

11. Cannot add record to Visual Foxpro table after deleting all records in table

12. Any native database to use in VB, like DBF foxPro table in Visual Foxpro, with no ado connection and recordet need, like visual foxpro?