VB 6.0 and dBase III files
Author Message
 VB 6.0 and dBase III files

Hi everyone...

      I'm trying to open a dBase III file with a VB 6.0 app, that will
basically allow the user to enter in a stock number to search for, then
display the selling price for the item.   I don't want to invest in anything
like CodeBase, and I was wondering if there's a way to do it easily.    I'm
used to working with dBase files with Clipper, but I'm new at it for VB.
I added the data control to my form and can move through the records easily
using the buttons on the data control, but I need to be able to:

Open the file
Index it
Open the index
Search for the appropriate record
Display the field contents.

How can I add separate command buttons to skip records instead of using the
data control that's there?   it's rather ugly.

Thanks in advance!

__________________________________________________________________ Anthony
ICQ#: 15882130 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me

Sat, 30 Oct 2004 06:51:16 GMT
[...]

Sat, 30 Oct 2004 06:51:46 GMT

1. VB# won't access dbase III file

2. open dbase type dbase III

3. saving Access Tables to dbase III file format

4. VB6 code for opening dBASE III files

5. Open dBASE III-DB with non-standard file extension in VB5

6. Creating dbase III database file

7. dBASE III/IV & FoxPro Index files

8. VB3 novice needs dBASE III file help

9. dBASE III .NDX files

10. I can't read dBase III file in Visual Basic

11. Opening and adding to DBase III file

12. Using .DBF DBASE III files and Deleting