VB 5.0 CCE Help!!
Author Message
 VB 5.0 CCE Help!!

I'm in the attempt to construct an Active X control that is
supposed to reach out over an Intranet and activate an Access
report through the IP address of the server where Access will
reside.  I have a few ideas but nothing concrete.  Could someone
point me in the right direction as to how to activate a non-internet
application from within a remote Intranet control?

Thanks,
Chris A.

--
When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth
with your eyes turned skyward; for there you have been and there

Fri, 17 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 5.0 CCE Help!!

Check out the winsock control using UDP.  UDP allows you to send data to a
machine using their IP address and port number.

For example, you can send the command "startreport".  The receiving machine
then gets a DataArrival event.  In the DataArrival event use the GetData
method of the UDP control to get the data that was sent.  The data is
"startreport".  You can then interpret this command and run the program on
the machine using Shell or CreateProcess.

It works great.

--
Keith Benedict
Software Engineer

** The reply address is a no spam address. To send to me

Quote:
> I'm in the attempt to construct an Active X control that is
> supposed to reach out over an Intranet and activate an Access
> report through the IP address of the server where Access will
> reside.  I have a few ideas but nothing concrete.  Could someone
> point me in the right direction as to how to activate a non-internet
> application from within a remote Intranet control?

> Thanks,
> Chris A.

> --
> When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth
> with your eyes turned skyward; for there you have been and there
> you will always be. -- Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Sat, 18 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 5.0 CCE Help!!

Quote:

>Check out the winsock control using UDP.  UDP allows you to send data to a
>machine using their IP address and port number.

Do you know of any references for choosing a port number?

Joe

Never underestimate the power of a WAG.

http://www.citilink.com/~jgarrick/vbasic/

Sun, 26 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB CCE/5.0 Enterprise Help

2. VB CCE/5.0 Enterprise Help

3. VB CCE/5.0 Enterprise Help

4. VB 5.0 CCE

5. DLL loading Problem with VB 5.0 CCE

6. VB 5.0 CCE

7. VB 5.0 CCE

8. How to compile VB 5.0 CCE code.

9. VB 5.0 CCE TextBox Question

10. GDI Function Calls in VB 5.0 CCE

11. How to use a file on the server with VB 5.0 CCE

12. How to use a file on the server with VB 5.0 CCE