ODBC error, Jet->ODBC->Oracle
Author Message
 ODBC error, Jet->ODBC->Oracle

Thanks for the wealth of information on this newsgroup.

I have a question regarding the SQL translation of JET to ODBC to Oracle.
I have checked the archives and the FAQ's

Using Access 2.0, VB 3.0, the compatibility layer and ODBC 2.0.

Submitting the Jet query.

SELECT TableA.Field1, TableB.Field4
FROM TableA INNER JOIN TableB
ON (TableA.Field3 = TableB.KeyField2)
ORDER BY TableB.KeyField2

Where:
TableA is an Access Table
TableB is an attached Oracle Table with a primary key of
    KeyField1, KeyField2, KeyField3

Yields: The ODBC traced call of:
SELECT KeyField2, Field4, "TableB".KeyField2,
"TableB".KeyField1, "TableB".KeyField3
FROM TableB
ORDER BY KeyField2

This generates error #960 "Ambiguous column naming in
select list" as expected.

The JET query was created using the QBE
.
Has anyone else run into a similar problem?

TIA

Dan..

Sat, 28 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. ORACLE->ODBC ->VB5->HTML

2. ORACLE->ODBC ->VB5->HTML

3. ORACLE->ODBC ->VB5->HTML

4. Pass Data VB>SQL>ODBC>Oracle Database

5. ORACLE->ODBC ->VB5->HTML

6. VB5<->RDO2<->ODBC<->ORACLE Procedure Problem

7. rdo-->ODBC-->SQL6.0 (Errors on Addnew, Update)

8. URGENT: ODBC Access > Oracle Error

9. VB-->JET-->INTERSOLV ODBC-->OPEN CLIENT-->Sybase Data Retrieval problem.

10. ODBC Connection Strings for LDAP<->ODBC in Visual Basic for MS Access

11. AS400<-->ODBC<-->Access

12. Data-export Access=>ODBC=>Database