Can you do Access-like datasheet/cont.form views in VB3
Author Message
 Can you do Access-like datasheet/cont.form views in VB3

I've done Access 2.0 development for a while now, have used VB3.0 on rare
occasion... trying to rebuild some access screens in VB to display
data...every example in every book I've looked at so far talks about creating
a form that's "one-record" oriented.  What about a datasheet or continuous
form view?  Anybody got any hints for me?

Tue, 27 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Can you do Access-like datasheet/cont.form views in VB3

Quote:

>I've done Access 2.0 development for a while now, have used VB3.0 on rare
>occasion... trying to rebuild some access screens in VB to display
>data...every example in every book I've looked at so far talks about creating
>a form that's "one-record" oriented.  What about a datasheet or continuous
>form view?  Anybody got any hints for me?

You can provide similar functionality to a datasheet by using a
grid. If you need some of the features of the Access grid, such
as embedded combo boxes, check boxes, etc., you'll need a third
party control.

There's no built-in equivalent to continuous forms, and I can't
think of way of doing it that wouldn't require massive amounts of
coding. FWIW, I never cared much for continuous forms anyway -
they're a real resource and screen real-estate hog.

-----

Joe

Never underestimate the power of a WAG.

Thu, 29 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Can you do Access-like datasheet/cont.form views in VB3

Quote:

>I've done Access 2.0 development for a while now, have used VB3.0 on rare
>occasion... trying to rebuild some access screens in VB to display
>data...every example in every book I've looked at so far talks about creating
>a form that's "one-record" oriented.  What about a datasheet or continuous
>form view?  Anybody got any hints for me?

Try looking in Roger Jennings "Database Developers Guide uing Visual Basic
3.0" by Sams Publishing:  he has a whole section devoted to the use of
continuous forms and subforms, with and without third party controls.

Do Zvidarnia

Clyde Davies

Fri, 06 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Can you do Access-like datasheet/cont.form views in VB3

Quote:

>Do Zvidarnia

  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ - don't they teach you proper russian spelling in UK??? ;-)

Quote:
>Clyde Davies

Sasha

Sun, 15 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Form view / datasheet view, subform only

2. Forms in Datasheet view

3. tailoring datasheet/continuous form views in subforms

4. How open form in Datasheet view?

5. Switching between Datasheet and Form views via code

6. VBA - accessing .CurrentRecord in DataSheet View on a SubForm

7. Access Like Datasheet view in VB

8. Visual Liking in .Net using TREE VIEW control

9. Access Datasheets in VB forms

10. Datasheet View problem

11. datasheet views

12. Requery a datasheet view of a table?