Data Control ACTIONCANCEL - doesn't?
Author Message
 Data Control ACTIONCANCEL - doesn't?

When entering the Validate event for a Data Control, and changing the
action to DATA_ACTIONCANCEL, shouldn't that bypass any further
database processing once leaving this procedure?

It looks like SAVE has to be set to false, too.  Also, shouldn't
DATA_ACTIONCANCEL cause the Changed properties to be left the way they
are?  It looks like they're all reset, which means unless those states
are saved you've lost the record of what's changed after you CANCEL.

Comments?
Terry Hooper

Wed, 31 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Data Control ACTIONCANCEL - doesn't?

Subject: Re: Data Control ACTIONCANCEL -

doesn't?

Quote:
>When entering the Validate event for a Data Control, and changing the
>action to DATA_ACTIONCANCEL, shouldn't that bypass any further
>database processing once leaving this procedure?

>It looks like SAVE has to be set to false, too.  Also, shouldn't
>DATA_ACTIONCANCEL cause the Changed properties to be left the way they
>are?  It looks like they're all reset, which means unless those states
>are saved you've lost the record of what's changed after you CANCEL.

     Are you using Oracle Objects? If so, the validate (and other events) are
quite buggy. There are even instances where the events won't even fire when
they should (and as they do in ODBC through access).

     I am trying to dump OO, in favor of Choreo. Choreo is light years ahead.

_
"640K ought to be enough for anybody." (Bill Gates, 1981)
QWicKeSST - The ultimate database QWK reader, and NO limits. #BLYGJOMK
Special Compile: 1.008A (Alpha)

'[1;35;40m-=> Delphi Internet Jet SST v3.013A (Alpha) - (C) PBE

Tue, 06 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Data Control ACTIONCANCEL - doesn't?

Quote:
>When entering the Validate event for a Data Control, and changing the
>action to DATA_ACTIONCANCEL, shouldn't that bypass any further
>database processing once leaving this procedure?

>It looks like SAVE has to be set to false, too.  Also, shouldn't
>DATA_ACTIONCANCEL cause the Changed properties to be left the way they
>are?  It looks like they're all reset, which means unless those states
>are saved you've lost the record of what's changed after you CANCEL.

>Comments?
>Terry Hooper

To cancel the current operation which triggered the Validate event,
I have sucessfully used Action = 0.  What is triggering the Validate
event that is not getting canceled?

Mon, 12 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Recordset doesn't Update Data Controls

2. Limiting ADO Data Control Records - MaxRecords doesn't work

3. DataGrid Control doesn't display updated data

4. DataGrid Control / SQL Server doesn't update data

5. Masked Edit Control doesn't display data

6. fRefreshLinks Doesn't work if path doesn't exist

7. Form_Load() doesn't execute, form doesn't load

8. class doesn't support automation or doesn't support expected interface

9. asyncread doesn't tell if file doesn't exists

10. Table's Field doesn't bind to HTML Control Element

11. W2K Doesn't Load ActiveX Control But W98 and WXP Do Load ActiveX Control Correctly

12. Custom ActiveX Control Doesn't Show in Other Computer's Browsers