Request for help - limitation of 32 indexes including foreign indexes
Author Message
 Request for help - limitation of 32 indexes including foreign indexes

In Access/Jet databases you are limited to 32 indexes including foreign
indexes.  This has become a stumbling block for our data model which
revolves heavily around a central/general table with many different
associated tables.

For each relation you create from a primary table to a foreign table, an
index is created in the primary table object.  When you have a large data
model you can quickly run out of available indexes before you define all
your required relations.

Does anybody have an elegant solution to this?  Will this continue to be a
limitation in Access 97? Is this a limitation in Microsoft FoxPro?  We are
a VB development shop, any other database suggestions?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

--
Orest Demkiw
Peloton Computer Enterprises Ltd.

Sat, 26 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Too many indexes - Wierd hidden indexes preventing index add

2. NEWBIE : Help Requested - Using Index File

3. Request help creating a multi-field table index

4. Q: How to get foreign key target from Index in VB/Access97

5. DAO - Fill in foreign key with correct PK index from a string-data table

6. ADOX.Indexes/ADOX.Key/Foreign Keys

7. Indexes disappear in CR 5.0 32-bit

8. 32 Index Limit in Access

9. How can i use INDEX in ADODC - Como usar indices em ADODC

10. remove index from field or delete a indexed field

11. How to insert data from un-indexed tabel to indexed table

12. Indexes collection contains more indexes that I created????