Beginners questions regarding ADO 2.0
Author Message
 Beginners questions regarding ADO 2.0

I have used dao to connect to data bases, but now wants to try out ADO 2.0
I find it hard to get hold of any beginners info regarding this subject. Can
some one please help me with the basic questions.
How do I..
1. Connecting to a Access *.mdb located on the users machine.
2. Using recordset to get all the data in the data base.
3. Assigning this data to a combo or text box on a form.

Johan Lundberg Gothenburg Sweden

Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Beginners questions regarding ADO 2.0

Quote:

>I have used dao to connect to data bases, but now wants to try out ADO 2.0
>I find it hard to get hold of any beginners info regarding this subject.
Can
>some one please help me with the basic questions.
>How do I..
>1. Connecting to a Access *.mdb located on the users machine.
>2. Using recordset to get all the data in the data base.
>3. Assigning this data to a combo or text box on a form.

Check out the introduction to ADO in VB6 documentation.  Platform
SDK->Database and Messaging services->Microsoft Data Access SDK->Microsoft
ActiveX Data objects

Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Beginners questions regarding ADO 2.0
dim DATA_LOCATION$, conn As New ADODB.Connection, rsData As New
ADODB.Recordset

set DATA_LOCATION$ = "c:\time\ts.mdb"

vSql = "select ENbr from employees"

(1)
conn.Open "provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51;data source=" & DATA_LOCATION$

(2)
rsData.Open vSql, conn, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly

(3)
Do While Not rsData.EOF
    cboEmp.AddItem rsData!ENbr
    rsData.MoveNext
Loop

Quote:

>I have used dao to connect to data bases, but now wants to try out ADO 2.0
>I find it hard to get hold of any beginners info regarding this subject.
Can
>some one please help me with the basic questions.
>How do I..
>1. Connecting to a Access *.mdb located on the users machine.
>2. Using recordset to get all the data in the data base.
>3. Assigning this data to a combo or text box on a form.

>Johan Lundberg Gothenburg Sweden

Thu, 01 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Beginner question regarding use of namespaces

2. Beginners question regarding one to many relations in crystal reports

3. VB3/Access 2.0 Stupid Beginner Question

4. VB3/Access 2.0 Stupid Beginner Question

5. a question regarding ado

6. a question regarding ado

7. Newbie question regarding ADO

8. Beginners ADO.NET Question

9. Beginner question: ADO recordsets

10. Beginner's Question DAO/ADO

11. Simple Beginners ADO Question: Slow Updates?

12. beginner question bout ado object and scope