Windows 9x Registry
Author Message
 Windows 9x Registry

Do you know how to read data stored in the Windows 95 registry through VB
code ?
For example :
   I would like to read the value of the "Username" key found in
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Network\Recent\././HAL./COMMON].
This value changes to whatever the username of the individual logging on to
the network is, and therefore, if implemented correctly, this could be used
as an added security measure. (e.g.: some programs will allow anyone to log
in with their own username/password combo, no matter what user is logged on
to the network.  This added security would not let you run the program with
out (1) being logged on to the network as an appropriate user, and (2)
having a valid username/password for the app).  I hope I explained what I am
trying to do clearly enough.  Let me know if you have any questions.  Thanks
!

Bill Warren
Database Administrator / Programmer
TREK, Inc.
(716) 798-3140

   -**** Posted from RemarQ, http://www.*-*-*.com/ ****-
 Search and Read Usenet Discussions in your Browser - FREE -

Sun, 04 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows 9x Registry
Bill,
There is an API call that will supply the currently logged on user. It's
WNetGetUser() if memory servers. I've used this to avoid giving the user
another logon dialog. Hope this helps.

Oscar Bowyer

Quote:

>Do you know how to read data stored in the Windows 95 registry through VB
>code ?
>For example :
>   I would like to read the value of the "Username" key found in
>[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Network\Recent\././HAL./COMMON].
>This value changes to whatever the username of the individual logging on to
>the network is, and therefore, if implemented correctly, this could be used
>as an added security measure. (e.g.: some programs will allow anyone to log
>in with their own username/password combo, no matter what user is logged on
>to the network.  This added security would not let you run the program with
>out (1) being logged on to the network as an appropriate user, and (2)
>having a valid username/password for the app).  I hope I explained what I
am
>trying to do clearly enough.  Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks
>!

>Bill Warren
>Database Administrator / Programmer
>TREK, Inc.
>(716) 798-3140

>   -**** Posted from RemarQ, http://www.remarq.com/?a ****-
> Search and Read Usenet Discussions in your Browser - FREE -

Sun, 04 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Windows 9x Start Button look a like

2. Shutdown Windows 9x in VB3?

3. Dll Windows 9x

4. how to change login domain on windows 9x client

5. RegObj.dll and Windows 9x

6. List of ActiveX automation objects for Windows 9x?

7. CDO In Windows 9x

8. Strange file problem windows 9x, not NT

9. GDI messed up on intensive blitting on Windows 9X

10. Kill App in Windows 9x

11. Calling shell32 to shutdown windows 9x

12. GDI messed up on intensive blitting on Windows 9X