ADO Access Remote Access
Author Message
 ADO Access Remote Access

I am trying to access an Access Db on a remote server via the internet using

Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset
Dim cn As New ADODB.Connection
Dim sSQL as String

sSQL ="SELECT Title, ePage FROM Items ORDER BY ePage"
cn.Open "Provider=MS Remote;Data Source=myDsn;" & _
         " Remote Server=http://myServer"
rs.Open sSQL, cn

Do While Not rs.EOF
Picture1.Print rs!EbayPage & vbTab & rs!Title & vbCrLf
rs.MoveNext
Loop

I get to rs.Open and get a Runtime error 8447 'Internet Server Error'. I
spent hours talking to the administrators of the host site to ensure that
security wasn't interferring. They said that they can't think of any reason
for this error, nor can I.

If anyone has any ideas or if anyone has experienced this and knows a fix,
please let me know. I have been pulling my hair out and can't find any
specific info on the 'Internet Server Error' on MSDN.

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Fri, 02 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Accessing remote database using ADO

2. ADO Remote Access

3. connection string to Remote ACCESS Database in ADO

4. ADO Connection to a Remote Microsoft Access Database

5. ADO Access97 Remote Access?

6. Remote Access through ADO 2.0 / MSDASQL and AsyncExecute

7. Remote Access APIs from MS Access

8. accessing remote Access MDB file

9. Using VB to access MS Access (mdb file) in remote host

10. remote access over 33.6 to access 97 database

11. accessing remote resources on a remote computer

12. Remote Ole Server Over remote access connection