VB4/Sybase System 10
Author Message
 VB4/Sybase System 10

I have used VB3 in accessing Sybase System 10 with great success through
ODBC.
However,   with VB4 I get the error message "Data source rejected
establishment of connection" when I try to connect to the server.  In the
latter pages of the database book that comes with VB4 it mentions that
VB4
does not come with drivers for Sybase System 10 as VB3 does.  At this
time all
I want to do with VB4 is evaluate it as a development tool against
PowerBuilder  and a couple of other products.  Sybase has given me the
run
around and I'm tired of being transferred and put on hold.  Does anyone
have
any ideas on how to work around the connection problem?  Also, I'd
appreciate
opinions on the two products as corporate development tools.

Mon, 20 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB4(16) & Sybase System 10 OpenRecordset problem

2. vb4 RDO, intersolv odbc, and Sybase system 10

3. Sybase system 10 param queries

4. VB, ODBC, Sybase System 10, and Dynamic (real) SQL

5. VB 4.0 and the 32-bit ODBC for Sybase System 10

6. INSTCAT.SQL and Sybase System 10

7. Drivers to access Sybase System 10

8. Sybase system 10 param queries w/ RDO

9. Sybase system 10 param queries w/ RDO

10. VB 4.0 and the 32-bit ODBC for Sybase System 10

11. Sybase system 10, ODBC, RDO, VB5

12. win95, vb4 pro 32bit, sybase 10, intersolv odbc, addchunk (image blobs)