Foxpro database (Deleted Records)
Author Message
 Foxpro database (Deleted Records)

Hi! I am new to database programming, and am trying to read a database file
I have read it just great!! and everything was working out fine, untill i
realized
my program cant distinguish between normal records, and records marked for
deletion, Anyone know what commands are used to return true/false as to if a
record is
marked for deletion?  This is the function i use to get data from a
table/dbf
**********************************
Private Function GetData(sTable As String)
    Dim sSQL As String
    Dim sData As String
    Dim i As Integer
    Dim sta As String 'string to add
    sSQL = "Select * from " & sTable
    Set rs = DB.OpenRecordset(sSQL)
    With rs
        Do While Not .EOF
           dblist.AddItem .Fields(1)
            .MoveNext
        Loop
        .Close
   End With
End Function
**********************************
Thanks for any help!!!!

JoeB

Mon, 22 Sep 2003 02:48:31 GMT
 Foxpro database (Deleted Records)

Quote:

> Hi! I am new to database programming, and am trying to read a database file
> I have read it just great!! and everything was working out fine, untill i
> realized
> my program cant distinguish between normal records, and records marked for
> deletion, Anyone know what commands are used to return true/false as to if a
> record is
> marked for deletion?  This is the function i use to get data from a
> table/dbf

I vaguely remember something about a magic "DELETED=ON" setting within
DBEngine or maybe Workspace if you're using DAO.

Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:44:47 GMT

1. deleting records from a Foxpro database

2. How Do I NOT Display deleted records using FoxPro 2.5 Database

3. Cannot add record to Visual Foxpro table after deleting all records in table

4. Foxpro Deleted Records

5. Deleting records from a recordset without deleting from the database

6. Handling A deleted Foxpro Record

7. Cannot delete record on FoxPro 2.5 DB

8. Accessing Foxpro dbf - deleted records

9. Deleted Records Under FoxPro 2.6

10. FoxPro ODBC Driver Shows Deleted Records

11. delete records in Foxpro

12. delete records in foxpro