Data Type Conversion Error with Long Binary Field -PLEASE HELP
Author Message
 Data Type Conversion Error with Long Binary Field -PLEASE HELP

Hi,

I am using VB 4.0 and have come across an error I can't work around.
I have and MDB table with a Long Binary Field called Pic. If I use a
Datacontrol bound to the Pic Field I can store and retrieve pictures to
the field, but as soon as I open a Table type recordset called NetTab and
I try to assign a picture from a picture box to the NetTab("Pic") filed I
get the following error:

Runtime Error 3421 - Data Type Conversion Error.

How do I work around this. I do not want to use a bound data control in
this case, and would like to be able to assign a picture directly into
the table field.

If you can help me, I would really appreciate it. A reply by email to

Thanks in advance,  Peter Burrow.

Mon, 05 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Get error: Disallowed implicit conversion from data type varchar to data type money

2. Data type conversion error when saving numeric data types

3. Data Type Conversion error trying to store Pic in Table Field

4. Urgent - MBF data type conversion Help Please ???

5. Inserting Data into LONG data type field in an ORACLE Table

6. PLEASE HELP: Type mismatch error with byte conversion

7. PLEASE HELP: Type mismatch error with byte conversion

8. PLEASE HELP: Type mismatch error with byte conversion

9. PLEASE HELP: Type mismatch error with byte conversion

10. HELP Data Type Conversion Error

11. Data Type Conversion Error ... Help

12. Help with Data Type Conversion Error