Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic
Author Message
 Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic

I am getting "Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual
Basic" Error # 458 when i try to create an MTS object.

Set mobjExportDoc = CreateObject("dciExportDoc.ExportDoc")

Now this object is an MTS component with "Requires New Transaction" and
in one of the public functions, I am passing ADOR.Recordset by

reference.

Public Function RunExport(objAgent As Object, objDoc As
dciMessage.Document, mrsFields As ADOR.Recordset) As Boolean

To make it worse, this code works fine on some servers and does not work
on other servers.

If I remove the ADOR.Recordset from parameter of the fucntion, then
there is no error but I defintely need to pass the ADOR.Recordset.

I have the hunch that it is MDAC related problem.. because some servers
on which it was not working I uninstalled and re-installed MDAC 2.7

that too 3 times and after that it started working. But I can not do the
same in production as I dont have the accses rights.  I can only

verify the MDAC Dlls and check any config if it needs to be seen.

I have compared the ADO tree in "c:\program files\common
files\system\ado\" of the servers on which it works and on servers on
which it does not work. And there is no difference.

Could any one please help me with this problem. I need help very
urgently. Would appreciate your time.

Sat, 10 Dec 2005 05:18:30 GMT

1. Error 458: Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic

2. variable uses an automation type not supported in visual basic

3. variable uses an automation type not supported in visual basic

4. variable uses an automation type not supported in visual basic

5. Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic

6. Error when creating dll: variable uses an automation type not supported in visual basic

7. ErrMsg: Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic

8. Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic

9. Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic for ADO recordset

10. ADODB Error: Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic

11. Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic for ADO recordset

12. variable uses an automation type not supported in visual basic