copy a form? help
Author Message
 copy a form? help

1 anyone remind me how I copy a form
2 if I have a text box giving an output, e.g. 123 can I have this displayed
on a different form also?
cheers
woody

Thu, 12 May 2005 08:51:02 GMT
 copy a form? help
When you say "copy a form", do you mean a) show another instance of it
when your program is running or b) design a new form in your project
based on an existing form?

If a) Then

    Just declare a variable and use it like this:

    Dim frmNew As Form1
    Set frmNew = New Form1
    frmNew.Show

ElseIf b) Then

    1. Change the form's Name property.
    2. Right-click on it in the form in the project explorer treeview.
    3. Select Save As and give it a new file name.
    4. Right click on the project in the project explorer treeview.
    5. Select Add Form.
    5. Select the file of the original form to add it back to the
project.

End If

You can't have the same control literally on two different forms but
one form can change the other form's controls (eg. in Form1 you can
say Form2.txtSurname.Text = [Me].txtSurname.Text).

Quote:

> 1 anyone remind me how I copy a form
> 2 if I have a text box giving an output, e.g. 123 can I have this displayed
> on a different form also?
> cheers
> woody

Fri, 13 May 2005 17:35:22 GMT

1. Copying Controls from Form to Forms

2. copy form data from existing to new form

3. Copy a contro from one form to another Form

4. Help Help Need to copy a field from one table into another table

5. Trying to Copy Query Value to Field in Form

6. File Copying with a form field reference

7. copy to clipboard(form)

8. copying records in form

9. Copying forms and reports between databases.

10. Copy Form records and Subform records....

11. Copying form data to a table using DAO

12. copying form entries to word97