VB5 and Access Database with Database Password
Author Message
 VB5 and Access Database with Database Password

Since Access 97 you have the possibility to set on the Database
level a Database Password (it's easier than defining user passwords)
once this was I cannot open my Database from VB5 any

Mon, 15 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 and Access Database with Database Password

In Access 97 you can set a Database password (easier than User and Group
Permission)

Once this was done there is no way anymore to access the Database with VB5.
I did not find a way to give the password along

Does anyone know

Mon, 15 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 and Access Database with Database Password

Quote:
>In Access 97 you can set a Database password (easier than User and Group
>Permission)

>Once this was done there is no way anymore to access the Database with VB5.
>I did not find a way to give the password along

>Does anyone know

To open a passworded database:

Dim DB as Database

Set DB = OpenDatabase("DatabaseName.mdb", _
                       False, False, _
                       ";pwd=ThePassword"

| Tom Childers - Arlington, Texas                                 |

Mon, 15 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB5 Learn Ed./Access Database/Password/ODBC

2. Opening an Access database protect with a password in VB5

3. access database password and VB5

4. Opening an Access database protect with a password in VB5

5. Connecting to Access database using a password in VB5

6. VB6 accessing simple password protected Access database problems

7. password problem with accessing a access database

8. Accessing a password protected Access 97 database using the Jet Engine

9. password problem with accessing a access database

10. VB4: How to let a Data control access a password protected ACCESS database

11. Accessing Access with database level password using ADO

12. Access a password protected access database.