VisualBASIC dBASE III Database reading problems
Author Message
 VisualBASIC dBASE III Database reading problems

If anyone can write a few lines of example code (native to version 3
Professional) using OpenDatabase rather than the Data control then I'd be most
grateful.

In my day all we had were records, fields and indexes.  Now we have Dyna this,
that, the other!!!! :-)

How do I read in a set of records to a Typedef set of variables and do I need
to read in my records as though they were a table?

At the moment I have all the manuals open and I can't see my desk so I would
appreciate this very much.

Richard Brooks.

Thu, 22 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VisualBASIC dBASE III Database reading problems

Try using a datacontrol from Lucent caller Artemis 4, this allows you access to
DBase Files and you can deal with them in the manner you are used to

Quote:

--
Lawrence Edelstein
Parcelnet Australia

Fri, 30 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ADO problem with database operations on dBase III tables

2. ADO problem with database operations on dBase III tables

3. I can't read dBase III file in Visual Basic

4. VC read dBase III

5. open dbase type dbase III

6. Creating dbase III database file

7. Create a .dbf(dbase III) database

8. vb4.0 searching dBase III database

9. can't access dbase III external database

10. Converting dBase III tables -> SQL databases

11. ISAM error using dBASE III database

12. Creating dbase III database file