Activating the Win95 Screen Saver
Author Message
 Activating the Win95 Screen Saver

I am trying to write my 1st Visual Basic program (hence newcomer) to activate
the Win 95 screen saver but I am having problem get it to do what I wanted.
The logic of my program is very simple:

        1. declare global functions (win api)
        2. find the screen saver name in system.ini
        3. use SHELL to activate the screen saver with /s option.
        4. end program

The problem I have is the screen saver name.  If I change the screen saver's
extension to 'exe', the program will work fine.  But if I leave the screen
saver extension as 'scr', I get a 'invalid procedure call' error.

What am I missing? Am I using the right technique to write this program?

Thanks in advance.

Pak Sau
MIS
York University, Toronto

(416)736-2100 x22792

Tue, 27 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Activating the Win95 Screen Saver

2. Activate Screen Saver with VB.Net

3. How to activate Screen Saver?

4. Activating screen saver in NT 4.0

5. Activating an OLE Screen Saver

6. A message for screen saver activating.

7. activate a screen saver on NT system

8. Activating Windows 98 Default Screen Saver

9. Screen Saver on top of Screen Saver problem

10. WIN95 & Screen Savers

11. Win95 Screen Saver

12. Screen Savers for Win95