Text box ignores vbcr
Author Message
 Text box ignores vbcr

I'm using VB5.0 to write text to an access database. I'm using vbcr to
separate entries. When displaying this info in a Label, everything
displays OK, but if I display in a text box, the vbcr is displayed as
a "blob", and no cr takes place.

Any clues as to how I can fix this?
Jeff Dawson

* Swap "z" for "s" to e-mail.

Fri, 05 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Text box ignores vbcr
1) Set the multiline property of the text box to true.
2) Make sure that its actually vbCr + vbLf. A CR by itself won't work.
Quote:

>I'm using VB5.0 to write text to an access database. I'm using vbcr to
>separate entries. When displaying this info in a Label, everything
>displays OK, but if I display in a text box, the vbcr is displayed as
>a "blob", and no cr takes place.

>Any clues as to how I can fix this?
>--
>Jeff Dawson

>* Swap "z" for "s" to e-mail.

Sat, 06 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Text box ignores vbcr

I am just wondering whether you should not be using vbCrLf
instead ??

Sol.

Quote:
>I'm using VB5.0 to write text to an access database. I'm using vbcr to
>separate entries. When displaying this info in a Label, everything
>displays OK, but if I display in a text box, the vbcr is displayed as
>a "blob", and no cr takes place.

>Any clues as to how I can fix this?
>--
>Jeff Dawson

>* Swap "z" for "s" to e-mail.

Tue, 09 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Doest the text box ignore the Enter key on purpose

2. Text box text on new page text box

3. using VB text boxes data but not text boxes in word 2000

4. Auto popluate text box with data from another text box

5. Columns in List box, when inserting text from text box (VBA)

6. update text box with a timer whilst editing same text box

7. Colour Text Box/Class Wrapper for Rich Text Box

8. Passing Data from VB App Text Box to a Web Page Text Box

9. Tabbing from text box to text box using the enter key

10. Text box to text box

11. Newbie Question - Moving from text box to text box (without tab)

12. Text Box Entry To Text Box Display?