Reports (Access v's VB)
Author Message
 Reports (Access v's VB)

I'm now considering tackling VB to write a database project.   I am very
comfortable in writing code for Access and have, I believe a good
understanding of a database model.    I have glanced over some VB manuals
and third party text books.   I realize there are some differences in how
certain things are done, but basically my coding strategy  will remain the
same.     As you know in Access reports are defined in access and very easy
to manipulate.    I've noticed that for each report (Crystal Report) is a
separate file, separate to the VB application written.   Firstly is this
correct, and secondly if so for any decent sized database project there
would be literally 10's, 100's of separate reports.    Is Crystal Reports
the industry standard report writer for VB.      Could someone suggest any
others.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Steven Taylor
Melb, Australia.

Thu, 22 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can't access to SQL Server with Crystal Report for VB 5.0

2. VB to Execute Access Report - Access report displayed on Web

3. can't print Access report when access is not installed

4. Accessing Report 'Record Source' field

5. Different between VB's Crystal Report and Seagate Crystal Report

6. vb and 'dynamic' crystal reports

7. Displaying pictures in reports or running Access reports from VB

8. Ole data in Access database to retrieve in report ( Report Designer 6 + VB 6 )

9. Crystal Report 'End of Report'

10. Access 2 and Access 7 MDB's from VB

11. VB access internet's access file

12. Accessing MS access reports through VB .net