Help with Inconsistent/buggy UPDATE in VB5/Access2000
Author Message
 Help with Inconsistent/buggy UPDATE in VB5/Access2000

Hello... does anyone else get this problem?

I am running VB5/Access2000 using DAO

Sometimes When I modify and update a record in VB. It does not always
commit the change to the db.

I ran it in debug and the right updated value is being passed into
the db.Update(....) statement, but it does not appear to take the
changes.

Any help or ideas would be very much appreciated

Thanks  :-)

Aman Raina

Thu, 21 Aug 2003 04:39:35 GMT
 Help with Inconsistent/buggy UPDATE in VB5/Access2000

Quote:

> Hello... does anyone else get this problem?

> I am running VB5/Access2000 using DAO

> Sometimes When I modify and update a record in VB. It does not always
> commit the change to the db.

> I ran it in debug and the right updated value is being passed into
> the db.Update(....) statement, but it does not appear to take the
> changes.

This sounds like one of the bugs the Jet service packs are supposed to fix:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q239/1/14.asp

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q273/9/56.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=12643

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q176/6/70.asp

Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:36:17 GMT

1. Unusual Databound behaviour - Inconsistent updating to Database

2. VB5 and Access2000, help!!

3. Buggy double in VB5.0 ?!?!

4. inconsistent results with error 3031 in vb5

5. Updating Tables That Are Linked to Access2000

6. All messed up with OLEDB, Access2000 & Update

7. Update/Insert into An Access2000 Memo field

8. Access2000 not updating

9. VB update to Access2000 table using ADO ?

10. HELP: Inconsistent Results when running multiple queries with DoCmd.OpenQuery

11. How to import data that is inconsistent - PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN

12. HELP -- IIF Inconsistent Behavior?