Passing a parameter to Crystal Reports
Author Message
 Passing a parameter to Crystal Reports

Hi,

I'm using the scaled down version of Crystal Reports (CR) that comes with VB5.
I've written a report that selects records out of an Access db using SQL.  I
place the SQL into CR's parameter called SQLQuery.  The report runs great.  The
only thing I want to do is print the date range that the user originally
selected within VB, onto the beginning of the report.

Seems so simple, but I can't figure it out.

Thank you ahead of time for your help!

Dale Miller

Fri, 22 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Passing a parameter to Crystal Reports
dale.  i just had the same problem.  i had the SQL query for the report
select all the records, then changed the SelectionFormula at runtime, which
filters out all the records execept your date range, i.e.
CrystalReports.SelectionFormula = "{TransDate}=Date(1999,10,5)" and then run
the report.  you can check the RecordsSelected property to see if you ended
up with anything.  right after this i figured out that using Crystal from
vb5 with vb6 doesnt work, so i moved on to something else.  so...  i may
have the syntax wrong, but... try it.

d.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm using the scaled down version of Crystal Reports (CR) that comes with
VB5.
> I've written a report that selects records out of an Access db using SQL.
> place the SQL into CR's parameter called SQLQuery.  The report runs great.
The
> only thing I want to do is print the date range that the user originally
> selected within VB, onto the beginning of the report.

> Seems so simple, but I can't figure it out.

> Thank you ahead of time for your help!

> Dale Miller

Mon, 25 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Passing a Parameter into Crystal Reports

2. Passing Parameters from C# to Crystal Report / Crystal Report Viewer

3. Passing parameters to a report in Crystal Reports 6

4. parameter passing to Crystal Reports 9

5. Passing parameters to crystal report

6. How do you pass parameters from VB 5 to crystal reports

7. Passing parameters to Crystal Reports

8. Passing Parameters to Crystal Report 5.0 (Stored Procedure Query )

9. Passing parameter to Crystal Reports

10. Pass parameters to Crystal Reports?

11. Passing parameters to Seagate Crystal Reports 8

12. Passing Parameter in Crystal Report