Selecting items in a DB-list and passing fields from selected rec to a control
Author Message
 Selecting items in a DB-list and passing fields from selected rec to a control

I am trying to use VB with an external DB using the DATA control with a
control with a DB-list and a series of textboxes by selecting items in a
DBlist and passing a field from the selected record to a textbox. I want
to navigate through the recs using the DBLIST, not the data control. In
the DBLIST_CLICK event, I do a MOVEFIRST. The event seems to kick off
twice, giving me a "Method not valid for this control" error. I would
have thought I could have exec'd MOVEFIRST a thousand times if I wanted,
since it should only position me to TOF for the recordset.

Has anyone else had problems using a DBLIST? If so, how dis you oversome
your probs? Can you offer advice on mine?

TIA,
Mark Jordan
City of NN

Tue, 08 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. selecting items in a Data bound list and passing a field content for the selected record

2. Selecting Items in a SELECT List

3. How do I get a Selected List item into another field

4. select multiple items from list for storing in several fields

5. ListView control - Keeping selected items looking selected

6. DBList Control - selecting item & deleting

7. ListView Control - Removing selected items from the list

8. Select control. changing the item list

9. Select Field List for RowSource Type but only certain fields

10. Determine Selected Folder and Selected Item in Folder

11. Why does the previous selected item in a ListView get selected for a short moment

12. How to simulate selecting an item in a select element