DBCombo Box for adding a new entry
Author Message
 DBCombo Box for adding a new entry

I am using the Biblio.mdb file for a beginners class in accessing a
database with VB4.  My assignment is to add a new Title to the Titles table
and if there is a new Publisher, add the publisher.  I want to be able to
select a publisher off of my DBCombo box OR type in a brand new publisher.
I get an error if I type in a brand new publisher because referential
integrity is broken.  My problem:

What code should be used to verify that this a new publisher and have it
added to the Publishers table AND the Titles table when I enter a new
Title?

Thanks in advance,
Jason

Thu, 19 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP!! DBCombo Box , adding new records in database

2. Adding a new entry to a table from a form's combobox

3. Adding a new entry cont...

4. Newbie: Opening a form columnar format to add a new entry

5. Adding new entry to Dial-Up networking

6. Ldap / ASP - Add new entry ?

7. need help please:joined tables,add new entries based on one table columns

8. need help please:joined tables,add new entries based on one table columns

9. Automatically adding new entries in Outlook Contact List

10. HELP: New to DBCombo Boxes

11. Combo Box That Adds Typed Entry to List

12. Combo Box listing Autotext Entries from Add-In Template